Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix PD just raised their hiring salary!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD just raised their hiring salary!

Good news for anyone who doesn't already know, but after 6 months of service you'll be making $46K if you get hired on with Phoenix. AZ must really need a lot of recruits, because it seems like the salaries are always going up these days.

what is the cost of living like, though? I'm waiting for a come on down call from Phx.
    2Lucky

Comment

Cost of living is pretty expensive, from the houses I've seen.

Comment

Umm, Mato, can you give me an idea of what that means? Comparison?
        2Lucky

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post
          Umm, Mato, can you give me an idea of what that means? Comparison?
          2Lucky
          I've just looked on realtor sites, like realtor.com (think thats right?) and I'll put in a certain amount I'm looking to spend in a city, and it will pull up all the houses in that range. Usually my cutoff is 200k (just looking) and the only thing I can tend to pull up in Arizona it seems is a lot of condo's. Just seems like Arizona has seen a huge appreciation here the last couple of years and the wages, to me, aren't keeping up as they should.

Comment

I moved to AZ 3 years ago, this August. I lived in NY for 20 years previously so for me, the cost of living in Phoenix is great. (In NY you need to work 6 jobs just to pay your ridiculously high rent.) Anyway, I live in Peoria right now in what I would consider a very safe, middle-class community and I own a townhouse. Most homes near me are going for about $275K - $300K, and they are good sized homes, (1,800 - 2,100 sq ft) and they're fairly new. A lot of them I see have been on the market for 3 months to half a year because the market has gone down a lot since last year and people got the shaft with those variable APR mortgages. Anyway, you can probably get a good home for $250k if you talk them down.

Comment

BTW - If you want to rent instead of own, you can find really nice apartments around here for like $700 - $800 per month. They're probably like 750 or 800 sq feet or so. Just thought I'd let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post
                I moved to AZ 3 years ago, this August. I lived in NY for 20 years previously so for me, the cost of living in Phoenix is great. (In NY you need to work 6 jobs just to pay your ridiculously high rent.) Anyway, I live in Peoria right now in what I would consider a very safe, middle-class community and I own a townhouse. Most homes near me are going for about $275K - $300K, and they are good sized homes, (1,800 - 2,100 sq ft) and they're fairly new. A lot of them I see have been on the market for 3 months to half a year because the market has gone down a lot since last year and people got the shaft with those variable APR mortgages. Anyway, you can probably get a good home for $250k if you talk them down.
                can you afford a $250,000 home on a $46,000 income?

Comment

Thx for the info, that helps lot.

2lucky

Comment

figures i got the shaft on this one worked the eneitre 6 month period after grad without the raise so i only get the 6 month raise or should in july.
                    of course no 2k hirieng bonuis either

Comment

Originally posted by geek4life View Post
                      No, not really. You can get a condo for about $120k, though.

Comment

Originally posted by geek4life View Post
                        Yeah, for two reasons:
                        1. I have a very high credit score.
                        2. My significant other also works full time.
                        Even if I was working alone off of $46k, I could do it. It would be tight for a few years, but it can be done. If my credit score was like 600, then I don't think I'd have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post
                          Yeah, for two reasons:
                          1. I have a very high credit score.
                          2. My significant other also works full time.
                          Even if I was working alone off of $46k, I could do it. It would be tight for a few years, but it can be done. If my credit score was like 600, then I don't think I'd have a chance.

I highly doubt you could swing 250k house by yourself off 46k. My father makes a little over 50k and our house is 140k and we're "comfortable" unless you were eating ramen noodles and didnt have a car payment

Comment

I know gas prices are looking pretty good in Arizona to me....We are paying $3.65gal here in Michigan ...whats the Phoenix area? 2.95 last I looked up..

Comment

Originally posted by OverCharged View Post
                              figures i got the shaft on this one worked the eneitre 6 month period after grad without the raise so i only get the 6 month raise or should in july.
                              of course no 2k hirieng bonuis either

It all works out in the end. You will get your 6 month PMG raise, and then the 4% in July. Look it up in the MOU, your pay level will still be higher then new hires. The only thing you might miss out on is the signing bonus.

BTW, how is FTO?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3209 users online. 152 members and 3057 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X