300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Q

I noticed on the AZ DPS website they mention the salary included perfomance pay. Could someone explain this concept to me?

Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
    I noticed on the AZ DPS website they mention the salary included perfomance pay. Could someone explain this concept to me?

If I recall correctly, if DPS makes certain "goals" per year, all sworn personnel receive a "performance" bonus. I think it's 2.5%. Something like that.

If DPS does not make the "goal" we don't get the performance pay. At least that's how I remember it being explained to me.

It may be all personnel but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert DPS View Post
      If I recall correctly, if DPS makes certain "goals" per year, all sworn personnel receive a "performance" bonus. I think it's 2.5%. Something like that.

If DPS does not make the "goal" we don't get the performance pay. At least that's how I remember it being explained to me.

It may be all personnel but I'm not sure.
      What exactly are those goals? Does the DPS have Quotas for issuing citations?

Comment

Nope, no quotas at all. I've had weeks where I've written 40 cites and weeks where I've written only 15 cites, and no one's ever batted an eye.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

I can't remember what they were. It doesn't have anything to do with the amount of tickets or stops we make, I can assure you that. I'll try to remember to ask my Sgt. Maybe she'll remember.

Comment

If I may offer an uninformed guess, I'd bet it has to do with reducing the number of crashes during certain time periods. I know the Oregon State Police measures their department success (in part) by the number of crashes over holiday weekends compared with previous years.
            "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6274 users online. 356 members and 5918 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X