300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCSO, DPS, Phoenix

Here is a question for the masses.......on average, how long does it take for somebody to hit $51,000.00 annual from date of hire as a recruit? I am interested in these three agencies. I have been told that the July Academy for Mesa is full, but I am on of about a dozen that are currently sitting in a "standby" pool. Telling me that I have an ice cube's chance in hell to make this one. My one year expires on November 13th and the next academy is not scheduled to start until Jan 08. So...................any advice would be nice seeing that I have been in the Mesa process for this long and was really hoping to be in.

Three years from the date that you are a sworn LEO ( ie, graduate from ALEA ), you will hit $51,401. That's the Officer II pay grade.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by travisrowland View Post
      Here is a question for the masses.......on average, how long does it take for somebody to hit $51,000.00 annual from date of hire as a recruit? I am interested in these three agencies. I have been told that the July Academy for Mesa is full, but I am on of about a dozen that are currently sitting in a "standby" pool. Telling me that I have an ice cube's chance in hell to make this one. My one year expires on November 13th and the next academy is not scheduled to start until Jan 08. So...................any advice would be nice seeing that I have been in the Mesa process for this long and was really hoping to be in.
      Most recruits make 50k their first year on the streets. When you add up the base salary+equipment allowances+holiday pay+overtime, you shouldnt have any problem with the 50k mark

Comment

ehh Phoenix base pay is the lowest in the valley in about 3 years your base would hit 50k phoenix has alot of overtime oppertunities but your still working more hours to get the extra money. CEP starts after a year or so but again ive heard good adn bad abotu it some guys make out like bandits and some guys seem to keep falling thru cep points cracks /shrug

many west valley agenies and temp are starting at 45k up to 50k

phoenix will redue its contract in 2008 i suspect starting pay will jump to 45k but hopefully a little more.

Comment

With Tempe PD boosting thier staring pay to 49K a year, I am sure it wont be long before everyone else follows suit... In my first year, I will be clearing 70k and thats working a "reasonable" amount of overtime...
          "In GOD we trust... All others are run through NCIC."

Comment

Originally posted by SHERiFF0880 View Post
            With Tempe PD boosting thier staring pay to 49K a year, I am sure it wont be long before everyone else follows suit... In my first year, I will be clearing 70k and thats working a "reasonable" amount of overtime...
            That's enough money to sprinkle diamonds on everything you eat!

Comment

What would be considered "reasonable" in overtime? Being in the military reasonable can be anything within 20 hours per week. Also, is overtime pretty general? Meaning, is it primarily mandated, volunteer, or as the shift dictates? I know that during FTO I am at the whim of my FTO, but after that...........? I am really interested in DPS Metro, but I am afraid that I would starve. I was hoping to here that after once I am out on my own, I could pick up an extra shift a week, maybe an hour or two per shift, throw in shift diff and holiday pay, and whamo, I am at the 50k mark and my family does not have to feel the financial pains. Between, savings, GI Bill and terminal leave, I have about a year from date of hire to hit that magic number before we have to tighten the ole belt. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4182 users online. 213 members and 3969 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X