Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Arizona...

Hello all,

I just received a call from Tempe Pd and I was invited to take the written test in the month of Feb 08. I currently live in MD, but I have to make the necessary arrangement for a flight/hotel/car rental. I have looked around and it seems kinda pricey, but the again it is Arizona. I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a plan of action for my visit, i.e.-airline, hotel, rental car or should I just take public transportation. The Tempe recruiter told me that instead of 3 trips, I would only have to make 2. I am not looking to spend a great deal of money, but I am a reasonable spender. If you recommend anything, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

SpecOps

I dont know where or when your test is, but you will probably need to rent a car or take taxis. Public transportation around here can be difficult. There are a number of hotels in the I10/ Baseline area. I have no idea where that is from the PD.

Comment

Tempe PD is right in downtown Tempe, just off of Mill Avenue. There should be a hotel or two in the area not too far from the department.
      1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

There are several hotels around the AZ Mills Mall area that aren't to badly priced. It's not far from the Tempe station. You may want to try doing the flight/hotel/rental car package on Expedia--it seems like when you do it all together it's cheaper. Also see if you can get a red eye flight they are usually cheaper too.

Comment

Originally posted by travisrowland View Post
          There are several hotels around the AZ Mills Mall area that aren't to badly priced. It's not far from the Tempe station. You may want to try doing the flight/hotel/rental car package on Expedia--it seems like when you do it all together it's cheaper. Also see if you can get a red eye flight they are usually cheaper too.
          odds are slim he'll get a red eye flying east to west, going back to MD though, there are more than a few.
          There's a Holiday Inn right by ASU/Mill Avenue area that is pretty cheap, and on a side note, they've got the best fruit punch I have ever tasted in the lobby.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Feb 2008? I thought Tempe PD test every month.

Comment

Hell you could fly out in june and test for phoenix if you wanted feb 08 long way away.

Comment

I chose FEB 08 because at the end of this year I will be debt free. What is a RED-EYE flight. I hope nothing like the movie.

Comment

Spec Ops,

A red eye flight is usually an eastern bound flight that flys through the night while you sleep. An example is leaving Phoenix at about 2330 on Tuesday and arriving in New York City at about 0630 Wednesday.
                  Also, I would double check the date of Tempe's testing for February. The Phoenix area is hosting the Superbowl in February and reservations may be inflated for the game or even overbooked. Finally, is it possible to test one or two months earlier. Fewer people test during the holidays and you often get more personalized service from departments. Are you dead set on Tempe? It is a good PD but limit by geography and ASU. It is difficult to grow and advance there sometimes. There are several other suburb type agencies nearby as well as large PDs.
                  Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

I'm not dead set on Tempe, but I want a fresh start for applying with agencies. If I am going to make a trip out there, I want to make it count and not regret it.

Comment

Why not try to test with a couple agencies at the same time you are out here. I know PHX and DPS have monthly testing. I dont work for the other agencies so you can look them up yourself but look at Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Scottsdale, Avondale, Glendale, Peoria, MCSO, and Surprise. These agencies are all competing against each other for applicants like yourself. Use the internet and research these agencies and contact the recruiters. If you are qualified then I think you will be surprised.
                      Last edited by AZtribesman; 05-23-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Ummm, why the repost? Also, could you share some info on the suburb agencies?

Comment

You have never inadvertantly pressed the enter button twice? I am trying to give you some help...

Comment

AZtribesman,

Can you give a little info on PHX pd and possibly compare the cost of living in the area?
                            2Lucky

Comment

I don't work for Phoenix PD so I can't really answer your question, but I will say that the salary is posted online and is comparable with my department. THe cost of living out here is not too bad. If you are willing to live in the suburbs you can find aqlot of good homes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6282 users online. 344 members and 5938 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X