300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCSO BI Interview?

I have recently applied for a Detention Officer position with the MCSO, and I have my BI interview scheduled a month from now. I'm just curious, do you think we'll just be going over the background packet I filled out, or do you think there will be a lot more to it? Apparently it can take as long as 3 hours, so I'm expecting more than just that. Any thoughts?
    Another thought I had was I'll probably be fingerprinted that day too, but who knows? I've never had a BI interview before so this is all new to me.
    Thanks!

Oh, BTW. Apparently the hiring process is:
    1. Orientation
    2. BI Interview
    3. Polygraph
    4. Psych (3 phases)
    5. Job Offer (I would imagine)
    I thought it was weird that they don't have a written exam, but I'm not complaining. ^^

Comment

You'll go through the pre-employment door at the Training Center, sign in, and someone will eventually come out to get you fingerprinted on livescan. After that, your BI will come get you, go back to their office and the both of you will go over tons of questions. Answer them completely truthfully. You'll also go over your background packet to verify employment, references, etc. It probably will take 2-3 hours, depending on your history.

If you pass that, you'll be called to schedule your poly. Same thing with that. You'll probably go over your background packet again, and then you get to experience the joys of a polygraph test.

Your psych will consist of a written test (2 parts) and a video scenario test. The next day you'll be brought back for a psych interview with one of the psychologists. They'll probably make you feel like the worst person in the world. (That's the general opinion between my fellow officers) But it's really not that bad.

The biggest thing, like I've said before, with MCSO don't even think about lying. This is an awsome job with alot of potential, don't throw it away over some stupid little lie.

Oh, and they don't have a written test because we need sooo many officers, that would just be another area people would fail. It sounds bad, but we aren't just down 50-60 officers...we're down 200-300 right now and are in the 60-70% staffing range.
      Last edited by C2CXJR; 05-19-2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C2CXJR View Post
        You'll go through the pre-employment door at the Training Center, sign in, and someone will eventually come out to get you fingerprinted on livescan. After that, your BI will come get you, go back to their office and the both of you will go over tons of questions. Answer them completely truthfully. You'll also go over your background packet to verify employment, references, etc. It probably will take 2-3 hours, depending on your history.

If you pass that, you'll be called to schedule your poly. Same thing with that. You'll probably go over your background packet again, and then you get to experience the joys of a polygraph test.

Your psych will consist of a written test (2 parts) and a video scenario test. The next day you'll be brought back for a psych interview with one of the psychologists. They'll probably make you feel like the worst person in the world. (That's the general opinion between my fellow officers) But it's really not that bad.

The biggest thing, like I've said before, with MCSO don't even think about lying. This is an awsome job with alot of potential, don't throw it away over some stupid little lie.

Oh, and they don't have a written test because we need sooo many officers, that would just be another area people would fail. It sounds bad, but we aren't just down 50-60 officers...we're down 200-300 right now and are in the 60-70% staffing range.
        Needing deputies that bad also?

Comment

We definately need deputies. I don't know if we need them nearly as bad as Detention Officers, but we definately need them. The last academy class I saw had maybe 9-10 Deputies, the remaining 20+ were outside agencies.

Comment

C2CXJR,
            "The next day you'll be brought back for a psych interview with one of the psychologists. They'll probably make you feel like the worst person in the world."
            Why and how will they do that to me?? (If you don't mind me asking...)

Comment

I don't think they mean to do it to you, it's just the way they phrase some of their questions. I should rephrase this. They'll make you feel like the stupidest person in the world, not the worst. "You answered on your written psych test that while at social gathering, you feel blah, blah, blah....can you elaborate on why this is?" I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I know I'm not alone in my thinking.

Basically, when I got out of my psych, I was believing I didn't get the job because I thought maybe I justified my answers wrongly or said the wrong thing. But I got hired, I'm here and I can't complain about what MCSO has given me.

Comment

Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post
                I have recently applied for a Detention Officer position with the MCSO, and I have my BI interview scheduled a month from now. I'm just curious, do you think we'll just be going over the background packet I filled out, or do you think there will be a lot more to it? Apparently it can take as long as 3 hours, so I'm expecting more than just that. Any thoughts?
                Another thought I had was I'll probably be fingerprinted that day too, but who knows? I've never had a BI interview before so this is all new to me.
                Thanks!
                Here is some info that should help you.

The guy doing your background is TOTALLY different than the guy doing your polygraph.
                Do not make the mistake that I did and assume they will be the same person.
                My instructions were, If I remember anything else at all, call or e-mail my BI.
                Well I assumed the BI and Polygapher were the same person.
                So I was just going to wait until the Polygraph to tell my BI the extra things I remembered.
                When all was said and done. I had told my polygrapher 3-5 additional things tat I did not get to tell my BI.
                And since I "clearly omitted stuff" from my BI, I was clearly lying to my BI. (or so I was told)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3119 users online. 165 members and 2954 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X