300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for all LEO's?

I have never asked my father or brother this but what is it that made you guys/gals decide to become policeman/woman? What is it that drew you into this field? And what is it that keeps you from quitting and going to another field? I ask these questions because I have asked myself the same questions on why I want to become a policeman and I want to see if my answers are on par. I'm very proud to have a Father who retired after 33 years as a Chicago Cop and I'm even more proud of my younger brother who has been a COP for almost 9 years in IL. I also want to make sure that I'm chosing the right field as a career change. I enjoy reading all the forums and getting all the advice that you guys/gals offer and I'm hoping that I can pick your brains alittle more. Thank you in advance, and all your thoughts and help would be appreciated.
    Don't Think About The Pain, But Think ABout The Gain!

I'll ask you this one question.....

what other job in the world will give you the opportunity to rescue someone who has been in a terrible collision, hunt a bad guy who is diving into traffic, and rescue a kitten that was found on the side of the road abandoned all in the same night?????
    "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

"I ask these questions because I have asked myself the same questions on why I want to become a policeman and I want to see if my answers are on par.

If it is your answer than it is on "par". nobody else can answer it for you. Everybody will and should have a different answer or else we are all robots. Thats why some people like working for DPS and others like working counties or cities.
      Be Advised!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5787 users online. 347 members and 5440 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X