300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written Test

I’m a post certified in Georgia. I’ve been an officer for three years and half years. Do I need to take the written test for PHX PD or any other departments if I want to work AZ? I want to know if someone from out of state with Post Certification has to take the written test.

I moved out to Arizona from the East Coast. I did not have to take a written test (not Phoenix PD), but I believe written tests are waived for laterals usually across the board. You will have to complete a written test eventually as part of the AZ waiver process (firearms qualification, driving test, physical test and state exam). The state exam is about a 10th grade level, so don't sweat it. AZ POST will send somebody out once you are hired to look at your training in Georgia and give you a yes or no. This will see if you have to attend an academy or not. As long as your academy was longer than 15 weeks, you should be fine. My academy in Maryland was 27 weeks, so I passed with ease. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Thanks a lot BK4448. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by BK4448 View Post
        I moved out to Arizona from the East Coast. I did not have to take a written test (not Phoenix PD), but I believe written tests are waived for laterals usually across the board. You will have to complete a written test eventually as part of the AZ waiver process (firearms qualification, driving test, physical test and state exam). The state exam is about a 10th grade level, so don't sweat it. AZ POST will send somebody out once you are hired to look at your training in Georgia and give you a yes or no. This will see if you have to attend an academy or not. As long as your academy was longer than 15 weeks, you should be fine. My academy in Maryland was 27 weeks, so I passed with ease. Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Just to note, Phoenix PD only takes municipal police laterals. I work for a transit police agency in NY (full authority police officer, went through a 26 week academy) and they told me I could not lateral over. Other agencies are willing to but seem extremely competitive compared to PHX.
        Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

Thanks for the info Decided.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16043 users online. 478 members and 15565 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X