X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matto
    replied
    Originally posted by xynder View Post
    Chandler PD got in a ton of trouble a few years ago for doing an "illegal alien roundup." Sounds ok, but they actually picked up several legal residents/citizens as well. The INS found that they violated a bunch of civil rights. So, there is a lot of tension between Chandler PD and the Hispanic community.
    Interesting, seems like similar tension at Gilbert as well.

Leave a comment:

• xynder
    replied
    Chandler PD got in a ton of trouble a few years ago for doing an "illegal alien roundup." Sounds ok, but they actually picked up several legal residents/citizens as well. The INS found that they violated a bunch of civil rights. So, there is a lot of tension between Chandler PD and the Hispanic community.

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
    this is no joke, and yes all cities have their good and bad.... I was in this area and needed a drink so I stopped at a circle K in my pickup truck...no joke I had non-english speaking people literally jumping into the bed of my truck thinking that I was picking them up for work...some not so nice places!!! But for the most part a thriving town!
    LOL... wow.

Leave a comment:

• Omega17632
    replied
    LOL. Follow Arizona Ave south from Warner thru Pecos. Welcome to the hood, son.

this is no joke, and yes all cities have their good and bad.... I was in this area and needed a drink so I stopped at a circle K in my pickup truck...no joke I had non-english speaking people literally jumping into the bed of my truck thinking that I was picking them up for work...some not so nice places!!! But for the most part a thriving town!

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Every city is going to have it's older parts. Never been to the city, though, so you know more than me. But it seems like it's a wealthy city.

Leave a comment:

• xynder
    replied
    Originally posted by Matto View Post
    Gotcha, Chandler looks like a wealthy community, so I guess its to be expected. Any differences between them and Gilbert?

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Thanks Sheriff.

Leave a comment:

• SHERiFF0880
    replied
    Gilbert and Chandler are both very similar agencies, with the exception that they have black and whites and Chandler does not... Both carry out bussiness quite the same.

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Originally posted by SHERiFF0880 View Post
    Well, its kinda hard to anwser that because I dont want to say anything bad... Chandler PD is a great agency, and I would fully suggest it to anyone looking for a professional agency to work for. Can the agency sometimes be a little TOO touchey-feelie? Yes, but that goes for any city agency I would imagine. Correct me if I am wrong guys! (& gals)
    Gotcha, Chandler looks like a wealthy community, so I guess its to be expected. Any differences between them and Gilbert?

Leave a comment:

• SHERiFF0880
    replied
    Originally posted by Matto View Post
    Sheriff, whats your opinion on Chandler action wise? Does the Admin allow you to go out and hustle and back you, or is it a PC lovey dovey department?

Well, its kinda hard to anwser that because I dont want to say anything bad... Chandler PD is a great agency, and I would fully suggest it to anyone looking for a professional agency to work for. Can the agency sometimes be a little TOO touchey-feelie? Yes, but that goes for any city agency I would imagine. Correct me if I am wrong guys! (& gals)

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Sheriff, whats your opinion on Chandler action wise? Does the Admin allow you to go out and hustle and back you, or is it a PC lovey dovey department?

Leave a comment:

• SHERiFF0880
    replied
    It was my intentions to apply with PCSO if Chandler did not pick me up, but they did. One of my friends did goto PCSO, and loves it. They just bumped the starting pay to $500 less than Chandler, AND you get a black and white take home car. My friend was just issued a Charger with the 5.7 Hemi... I am quite jealous. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• 4everYoung
    replied
    I went through the testing process with Chandler in March 06. I made it through the written, physical, oral, command, poly and BG only to be told that they had gotten about 8 lateral applicants in my cycle and had to take them. My BI was great as were all the officers I met in the process and I knew at that point that it was the agency I "wanted" to work for. My BI told me that they liked me and wanted to come back for the next test on May 20, 2006. I went back and tested and when I came to the dept two of the BI's were outside taking ID's and they both looked at me and said that they were glad I was back. Now for some reason I failed the report writing part of the test (something I have never failed in the tests I have taken) and could not really understand why at the moment.

The next day my 22 year old little brother passed away in Sacramento, CA. My wife and I had to catch the first flight back home the next day at 6am. Had I passed I would have missed my oral board that day anyway so everything happens for a reason I guess. Once I felt like I was able to go back and retest mentally I was that much closer to completing my BS in Criminal Justice. I doubled up my classes and graduated a year early, now I am ready to go at it again hard, I test with PCSO on June 15th and if I make it through will be in the August 12th Acadamy at CARLOTA. My friend was picked up last week by them and starts June 10... I can't wait to get started again!!!

Leave a comment:

• jersey2AZ
    replied
    congrats herb!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Congrats hebr! I've been thinking of trying for an AZ department, and Chandler sounds like one of the top 5 to try for. Good luck with the process!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2708 users online. 145 members and 2563 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X