300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler

Can anyone give me some info on the department? What kind of department is it, what kinda equipment, cars, etc...? They are coming up to test in Minnesota next week and i'd love to work down there. Is the interview just basic questions or anything that would throw me for a spin? I have no idea what to expect with that or the Command Board. I tested with Mesa awhile ago by flying down there, but for some reason just got the big old shaft for no reason, cuz i passed everything and was given nothing but the "F you" letter. Chandler seems like a fairly rich city, but hard to get hired on. Anybody got anything to tell me?

Originally posted by hebr0402 View Post
    Can anyone give me some info on the department? What kind of department is it, what kinda equipment, cars, etc...? They are coming up to test in Minnesota next week and i'd love to work down there. Is the interview just basic questions or anything that would throw me for a spin? I have no idea what to expect with that or the Command Board. I tested with Mesa awhile ago by flying down there, but for some reason just got the big old shaft for no reason, cuz i passed everything and was given nothing but the "F you" letter. Chandler seems like a fairly rich city, but hard to get hired on. Anybody got anything to tell me?
    I applied for Chandler back when I applied for Mesa last Sept. Chandler seemed very professional in every step they took, but also seemed to be walking around with their noses in the air looking down at everyone. I made it all the way to the command board only to be told that I hadn't done enough to prove that I want to work for THEIR department.
    With Mesa I didn't get the FU letter but a FU phone call. I also passed everything including the review board only to be told that they had more qualified applicants and that all the slots for the July academy were full. I was offered a position transporting prisoners but turned that down. Transport even if it was for only a short time is not something I personally want to do. Not to mention it was less pay than what I am making now.

Comment

I am an Officer with Chandler now, and I can say it is one of the best agencies in the valley. Prior to Chandler, I worked for MCSO as a Deputy Sheriff. I too applied with Mesa PD prior to MCSO hiring me, and they turned me down as well. I had no problems getting on with Chandler however. Chandler issues everything, has great ongoing training, and the officers and supervisors are top notch. To be completely honest, I really have no true complaints... after comming from MCSO, Chandler is great! If you are looking for a professional agency with good pay, good benefits, that treats its officers very well, then Chandler is a good spot to look. Is Chandler hard to get hired on with? I have heard people say Phoenix is harder!

Good luck!
      "In GOD we trust... All others are run through NCIC."

Comment

Originally posted by SHERiFF0880 View Post
        I am an Officer with Chandler now, and I can say it is one of the best agencies in the valley. Prior to Chandler, I worked for MCSO as a Deputy Sheriff. I too applied with Mesa PD prior to MCSO hiring me, and they turned me down as well. I had no problems getting on with Chandler however. Chandler issues everything, has great ongoing training, and the officers and supervisors are top notch. To be completely honest, I really have no true complaints... after comming from MCSO, Chandler is great! If you are looking for a professional agency with good pay, good benefits, that treats its officers very well, then Chandler is a good spot to look. Is Chandler hard to get hired on with? I have heard people say Phoenix is harder!

Good luck!
        You got turned down by Mesa after working as a Deputy. Man I don't feel so bad now. LOL. I guess everything I heard about the old agency in Mesa must still be true.

Comment

I think he applied to mesa before being hired as a deputy.

Comment

I applied to mesa, was shot down... then I went to MCSO!

Comment

Well... Chandler came to MN and the turnout was very poor, but which I expected, because of the very low amount of advertisment that they did. There was only about 10 people that showed up to the written test. A few failed the written, I was right on the boarderline, but the test was a video scenario test, which was quite difficult, because I wasn't sure how they wanted me to answer half of the questions. Anyways, I passed the written and the physical. The oral board in my personal opinion was a breeze, I passed it with a fairly high score. It was mostly general questions about policing and experience, which went very well. Then came the Command Board. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect with this interview. It was very, or shall I say, almost as informal as it could possibly be, but went very well! There were jokes being made and I almost felt the interview came down to whether they liked you or not. But overall, I believe they were really grading me on things throughout the interview that I had no idea about, because they let me know afterwards. Anyways, I passed everything and am now in the background, so hopefully everything goes well. Overall, with about a possible 9 candidates, I believe myself as well as either one or two females passed everything and are all in line to come down and join the academy in a few weeks. Overall, I was very very impressed with all the officers present. All the officers were very friendly, filled me with information about the department and were overall just genuine. I believe Chandler will be a great place to work and hopefully within a few months I am gonna be in the academy!!

Comment

I wish you the best of luck. Chandler is a great agency to work for, and we need more great officers!! About the only thing you might not like is the heat... It gets HOT! I am from South Dakota, which is pretty similar to MN in terms of weather... I know I sure miss the snow!!!

Comment

Congrats hebr! I've been thinking of trying for an AZ department, and Chandler sounds like one of the top 5 to try for. Good luck with the process!

Comment

congrats herb!!

Comment

I went through the testing process with Chandler in March 06. I made it through the written, physical, oral, command, poly and BG only to be told that they had gotten about 8 lateral applicants in my cycle and had to take them. My BI was great as were all the officers I met in the process and I knew at that point that it was the agency I "wanted" to work for. My BI told me that they liked me and wanted to come back for the next test on May 20, 2006. I went back and tested and when I came to the dept two of the BI's were outside taking ID's and they both looked at me and said that they were glad I was back. Now for some reason I failed the report writing part of the test (something I have never failed in the tests I have taken) and could not really understand why at the moment.

The next day my 22 year old little brother passed away in Sacramento, CA. My wife and I had to catch the first flight back home the next day at 6am. Had I passed I would have missed my oral board that day anyway so everything happens for a reason I guess. Once I felt like I was able to go back and retest mentally I was that much closer to completing my BS in Criminal Justice. I doubled up my classes and graduated a year early, now I am ready to go at it again hard, I test with PCSO on June 15th and if I make it through will be in the August 12th Acadamy at CARLOTA. My friend was picked up last week by them and starts June 10... I can't wait to get started again!!!

Comment

It was my intentions to apply with PCSO if Chandler did not pick me up, but they did. One of my friends did goto PCSO, and loves it. They just bumped the starting pay to $500 less than Chandler, AND you get a black and white take home car. My friend was just issued a Charger with the 5.7 Hemi... I am quite jealous. Good luck!

Comment

Sheriff, whats your opinion on Chandler action wise? Does the Admin allow you to go out and hustle and back you, or is it a PC lovey dovey department?

Comment

Originally posted by Matto View Post
                            Sheriff, whats your opinion on Chandler action wise? Does the Admin allow you to go out and hustle and back you, or is it a PC lovey dovey department?

Well, its kinda hard to anwser that because I dont want to say anything bad... Chandler PD is a great agency, and I would fully suggest it to anyone looking for a professional agency to work for. Can the agency sometimes be a little TOO touchey-feelie? Yes, but that goes for any city agency I would imagine. Correct me if I am wrong guys! (& gals)

Comment

Originally posted by SHERiFF0880 View Post
                              Well, its kinda hard to anwser that because I dont want to say anything bad... Chandler PD is a great agency, and I would fully suggest it to anyone looking for a professional agency to work for. Can the agency sometimes be a little TOO touchey-feelie? Yes, but that goes for any city agency I would imagine. Correct me if I am wrong guys! (& gals)
                              Gotcha, Chandler looks like a wealthy community, so I guess its to be expected. Any differences between them and Gilbert?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4034 users online. 237 members and 3797 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X