300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maricopa County SO

Last edited by tuebor; 05-16-2007, 12:29 PM.

I know they have their own academy. I'm sure it's pretty similar to ALEA because I know some agencies such as scottsdale and phoenix end up sending some of their recruits their. Also I think it's a week longer then ALEA. I don't think they have take home cars. I'm going to probably apply with them in July or August. I've heard a lot of great things about them minus the fact your probably assigned to court duty for a year or so but I can live with that.

Comment

Last edited by tuebor; 05-16-2007, 12:29 PM.

Comment

thats just from what I have read on this site that's the way it seems to be, but who knows maybe that has changed. It's because their so short handed right now. I hope it's not true but I guess there is only one way to find out right.

Comment

Originally posted by Integraautox View Post
          I know they have their own academy. I'm sure it's pretty similar to ALEA because I know some agencies such as scottsdale and phoenix end up sending some of their recruits their. Also I think it's a week longer then ALEA. I don't think they have take home cars. I'm going to probably apply with them in July or August. I've heard a lot of great things about them minus the fact your probably assigned to court duty for a year or so but I can live with that.
          a year or 3 worken courts/ jails depending on who you sleep with or know.

Comment

Specialty units (K9, Trails, Lake Patrol, etc.) have take homes.
            The academy is 19 weeks mon-thurs.
            4 10 hour shifts
            The retirement is the same as all the other agencies in the state.

Comment

The main difference in the MCSO academy is that you are trained to act as if your backup is 30 minutes out. Once you hit the road, you will be in places where backup is not readily available.

AZPOST sets the standards for the academy so their is not a huge difference.

If you plan on hiring on with MCSO, plan on working courts or the ward for at least 18 months. Alot of people don't like the idea but courts is not all that bad, you work Mon-Fri with weekends/holidays off. The pay just got bumped to around 44k.

Take the time a research agencies. I know alot of guys who lateraled to OA's once they could. I also know guys who wouldn't switch departments no matter how much you paid them. It's all a matter of preferance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5587 users online. 310 members and 5277 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X