300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALEA Withdraw

Has anyone gotten kicked out of ALEA( due to academics)?? Does this look bad if you try to apply to a diffrent agency that does not require attending ALEA ( MCSO). Does anyone have an advise??? Has anyone had any trouble at ALEA?
    Last edited by azlawwife; 05-10-2007, 03:27 PM.

No one In my class got kicked out from failing test. However one guy from my old agency failed out from test. Our agency only gave one shot and did not recycle anyone who failed out. Some agencies will recycle right away.

I guess to answer your question, it would depend on how you failed out. If you failures were spread out it might not look as bad as if you failed all within a couple weeks.

Shall i assume by your name that your husband is or was in the academy

Comment

yep! It was one test, I feel so bad for him because he wants to be in law enforcement so bad. This is his dream, and you have all these guys you look up to yelling in your face telling you that you are no good, I think they broke him, which is what they try to do. I understand that but I don't think he should give up on it. I want someone else view. Have you gone thur ALEA?

Comment

If its his dream he should not think about giving up. All the academy crap is worth it in the end. He will be dealing with crap and stress for the next year until he gets off FTO.

Check you PM for more info.

Comment

you don't get dropped from ALEA for failing one test, you get dropped for failing 3 tests. Also remember, ALEA does not fire you, only you're agency can fire you. It's up to your agency whether or not you get fired, get recycled at a later date or whatever. If your husband truly does want to be in law enforcement, he should use this experience to become a better recruit for the next go around if he decides to pursue it!
          "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

that doesnt exactly sound right. After 3 test ALEA drops you,yea. If you dont pass ALEA your agency wouldnt just keep you, you cant be a cop if you dont pass the POST. How are recycles preseved in the field??

Comment

Your husband is not employed by ALEA, therefore cannot be fired by ALEA. His agency, should he flunk out, can choose to fire him, recycle him or assign him a different position in the agency. He can choose to quit.

Academics are standardized across the Academies via AZPOST. Thus, the academics are not going to be different at any academy (ie., MCSO has the same cirriculum).

No offense, but the police academy, at least from an academic standpoint, ain't exactly rocket science. Anyone of average intelligence should go through with flying colors. That's obviously not taking into account the other aspects of the job that may affect test performance (anxiety, pressure, etc.).
              d

Comment

thanks for the feed back, I wasn't there so I don't know all the details. He didn't have a problem learn or not understanding codes,essays,..... trust me I remember all the codes from helping him study. It was remembering it 3 seconds after a sergeant got out of his face and staying focused, but I guess thats part of the job, focusing under pressure,thinking on your feet and follow thru. I'm just trying to be a supportive wife and not let him give up on this dream. Thank you again for your help.

Comment

I went through MCSO's academy and we had a recruit fail out from the FINAL practicals... 3 weeks from graduation. Anyways, months later he went to CARLOTA where he had NO problems and did graduate. Bottom line, attitude is everything and you cannot give up.
                  "In GOD we trust... All others are run through NCIC."

Comment

the title of the thread is alea withdraw, so did your husband drop out, or did he flunk out? As others have stated you have to fail three tests to be failed out, and you get two shots at each test. Occasionally, staff will suggest to someone who is struggling that they resign and come back when they are better prepared, but each recruits employment is at the will of their agency, not the academy.

Comment

that two trys though if hey double fail the first one they out so its not techincally 3 fails double fail one its over to.

Comment

Can they fail you out for not keeping right up with the Sgt during the runs.? I mean what if your giving 110% on the running, but your just a little slower than the major group? I know they build you up to the running, but I was just wondering.. I wouldnt be happy if I failed out when I am doing well in all other parts of PT and academics but have a not so easy time with running 5 miles...Thanks for the input

**God Bless**

Comment

It depends on the Sergeant. If you cannot keep up with the class you can be dropped. Get in shape now! Run...push-ups, then run....sit ups....run again....flutter kicks....run....run....run
                          Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

Amen....Thanks ...I have been running every day- every other day...its getting easier...I have only been running 1.5 miles at a time right now....I was a power lifter so I am trying to get rid of an extra 40-50lbs before I go and test in Sep(289lbs now)...I should be fine, but I will see....if I get dropped for not being able to keep up then I guess I will just continue working whatever job I find down there until I am in even better shape.....Lets hope I can do it in one try though!!!!

**God Bless**

Comment

ehh my class had some pretty poor runners minutes behind the group and no one was dropped.. granted other classes i have heard were stricter.

seems if u dont stop moving and keep ing trying alea is abit timid on actually dropping you its up to your department really.

if you quit on a run and just stop then thats about the only way i see you getting dropped.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6368 users online. 357 members and 6011 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X