300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating from CA

I’m currently employed for a large department in Los Angeles and will have 7 years in LE this year. My family and I are were all born and raised in LA/SoCal. We are toying with the idea of relocating to the Phoenix metro/suburb areas.

I was wondering if anyone on this board has made the change and if they have any info to share...IE location to live, departments, what to look for and what to avoid.

The idea is preliminary and we exploring the valley to see if it may be a good fit for our young family. If anyone has tips or recommendations and don’t mind helping I would really appreciate your time. If it needs to be taken offline I would be more than happy to provide some background info via PM.

Thank you all, stay safe!

I'm sorry I don't have anything to offer in the way of areas in AZ, but I'm more than happy to assist you in what to expect in a lateral background investigation. Best wishes either way!
    Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
    http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

I just finished a road trip, came back through Arizona and hit 107 degree temperatures in some spots. Even with the AC running full blast in the car, I could reach up to the inside of the vehicle's roof and feel the heat radiating. If you can tolerate that, go for it.

As a side note, if you own property in California you may wish to consider continuing to own it and renting it out. I say this for two reasons. We have had retirees sell their property, leave California and later decide to return because they miss the convenience, the neighbors, the available medical services or any number of reasons. When they try to return, they find that property prices have skyrocketed so much that they can't afford to come back. Second, with skyrocketing property prices, more than likely the rent will make your mortgage and tax payments (or close to it) and over time you will have a considerable investment property going for you that produces a nice, second income.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thank you for the advice guys.

You bring up some very valid points. I currently own and it’s a hard pill to swallow knowing the market will probably continue to go up in SoCal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4402 users online. 196 members and 4206 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X