300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD questions

Hello, trying to get some insights on the Phoenix Police Department. Hoping there might be a few current officers roaming through this website who can answer my questions.

i’ve been trying to look up total compensation for phoenix police officers. Can anyone tell me what the average total compensation take-home is with salary, overtime, etc. I know it varies significantly, but just trying to get an idea of what the average officer pay is a year and not just the salary portion.

also wanted to know what the quality of life is like in the Phoenix area. I’m from the Midwest, just trying to get an idea of phoenix living.

Just use the posted baseline. Each person is different. If you can’t survive on the base pay, don’t bother.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by ne.fitness View Post
      Hello, trying to get some insights on the Phoenix Police Department. Hoping there might be a few current officers roaming through this website who can answer my questions.

i’ve been trying to look up total compensation for phoenix police officers. Can anyone tell me what the average total compensation take-home is with salary, overtime, etc. I know it varies significantly, but just trying to get an idea of what the average officer pay is a year and not just the salary portion.

also wanted to know what the quality of life is like in the Phoenix area. I’m from the Midwest, just trying to get an idea of phoenix living.

24.75 starting. I second shadow in just looking at base. I’m in the process and will be living paycheck to paycheck with my department until I pay over 70k in debt between loans and medical bills. So I feel you.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Just use the posted baseline. Each person is different. If you can’t survive on the base pay, don’t bother.
        While this may seem a sarcastic response to some, way too many officers depend on overtime to support their regular lifestyles. Then when the overtime 'drys up', these same officers bitch and complain.

Most police departments have overtime if you know how to use your handcuffs. A few in mine refuse to and then complain that there's no overtime.

I know someone who works for PHX PD, who is at top pay and pulls in around 100k with court overtime and late radio calls.
        Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

What is the turnover rate?

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
            What is the turnover rate?
            You need to be a tad more specific... Are you saying during the academy? Post academy and on the streets? After 5 years? There is different trends depending on when in a newer officer's career they may decide "this isn't for me" or worse they are let go/fired.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLinerAZ View Post

You need to be a tad more specific... Are you saying during the academy? Post academy and on the streets? After 5 years? There is different trends depending on when in a newer officer's career they may decide "this isn't for me" or worse they are let go/fired.
              Meaning before the 5 year mark, typically do you have the newer officers leave for other departments in the valley?

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post

Meaning before the 5 year mark, typically do you have the newer officers leave for other departments in the valley?
                My interactions with the RARE few that have left Phoenix PD usually went to smaller agencies and this was solely due to they just were suited for the rapid pace/fire that most of Phoenix's districts have for constant calls for service. Phoenix is a beast to say the least, it isn't a Los Angeles or Chicago but it is still a beast hands down.

And honestly there isn't anything wrong w/ someone who still wishes to be in LE but just decides "this is overwhelming" and can't keep up with a department's rapid fire of calls in many of their districts. I've met and known some officers here in the valley metro area who went from Phoenix and DPS to agencies like Chandler and Gilbert and just excelled there where they were struggling before.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11423 users online. 517 members and 10906 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X