300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting game

I know it takes a while from start to hire in this profession. But the wait is killing me. I was seeing how you guys handled it while you waited to get hired. I come from a family of LEO's and they keep telling me just wait it out, and not to plan your life around getting the job. I tested in Feb, no word until April. Took the poly and psyc and passed and now am waiting for the bi.

Just wanted to here your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!!!

Originally posted by kramco View Post
    I come from a family of LEO's and they keep telling me just wait it out, and not to plan your life around getting the job.
    That it is the best advice right there. I would apply to many departments and take whatever bytes first so that you can get into the academy. You can always lateral into another agency. I have been told to not put all your eggs in one basket, I did put all my eggs in and it bit me in the a**. Some departments are very picky about who they choose, even if you are a solid applicant. I have been told that sometimes even the best applicant never gets hired for some reason or another.

It's not much but I hope it helps.

Comment

Kramco,
      where were you on the list?
      and how long did it take to the next step
      and what was the next step? they call you? you call them? just curious. and overly happy. I finally got over the hardest part of the process. Well at least for me it is the hardest part.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie View Post
        Kramco,
        where were you on the list?
        and how long did it take to the next step
        and what was the next step? they call you? you call them? just curious. and overly happy. I finally got over the hardest part of the process. Well at least for me it is the hardest part.
        After boards it took about three weeks. They called and set up the poly. Took the poly April 3rd. Right after the poly they had me take the psych, get printed and take a picture for the record. They had me sign a intent (i think thats what it was called) to hire. They called the other day and asked a few questions other than that have not heard anything.

Comment

still a LONG way to go!!

Comment

may I ask what number you were on the list?

Comment

so I should get a call in like 1.5 - 2 weeks. and then schedule that Poly

I know it is still a LOOONG and HARD road.
              But each person is different. Some interview well but do not test well. Some may have problematic backgrounds.

I, on the other hand, I am TERRIFIED of the interview. so if I am making too much of a big deal, it is only because it is a PERSONAL victory

edited to add

sorry that was supposed to be in PM............................oh well
              Last edited by Ritchie; 05-04-2007, 12:29 PM. Reason: whoops that was supposed to be in PM

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie View Post
                so I should get a call in like 1.5 - 2 weeks. and then schedule that Poly

I know it is still a LOOONG and HARD road.
                But each person is different. Some interview well but do not test well. Some may have problematic backgrounds.

I, on the other hand, I am TERRIFIED of the interview. so if I am making too much of a big deal, it is only because it is a PERSONAL victory

edited to add

sorry that was supposed to be in PM............................oh well
                Not sure on how long, thats just what it took in my case. They said my BI might take longer because I am out of state and have moved several times ( College, you know how it is). So just playing the hurry up and wait game.

Comment

Originally posted by kramco View Post
                  College, you know how it is. So just playing the hurry up and wait game.
                  Exactly like Military training was for me. I was in the Medical field and was stationed in some pretty cool cities. So to me military training was just like going to a college. After "work/studies" we partied. We partied like frat boys with their sorority girls. girl to guy ratio for my job at that point in time was 1.5 girls to boys. although the recruiter was wrong. He said it was going to be 6.1 girl to guy ratio. You know I just had to sign up then. Of course it is not the same for everyone. some have jobs that are primarily filled up with guys and they were stationed in small no where land. so they just partied with each other.

Then going from one training to another..... I really liked it.

And the hurry up and wait. I thought that was invented by the military. I gues it was not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3096 users online. 186 members and 2910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X