Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peoria PD

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any info about Peoria PD? I'm going to apply with them sometime in the next 6 months and I want to know all that I can. I've been to their website, and it's pretty informative. I also took their Citizens Academy last fall which was GREAT. My only concern is that all the Peoria police officers I've seen look like they are in their 30's +. I'll be 23 in August, no degree, but 5+ years of solid work history.

Anyone work/applying for Peoria?

The written test has a video section. It is scenarion based.
    The rest of the written is pretty much like all the other agencies.

The 1.5 miles is done around a certain block of streets. Not a track.

That is all i remember.

Comment

I also took their Citizens Academy last fall which was GREAT

Hey I was also in that class that graduated in Sept. or Oct.? Was this the class you were in? Best thing in that class by far was actually getting in the Peoria Police car and opening it up at the track. What a rush, just to bad our car's brakes and tires got worn down that day. I'm going to try in June or July for the test and go from there.
      Don't Think About The Pain, But Think ABout The Gain!

Comment

AZ-HOPEFULL,

I graduated in Dec '06 from the fall Citizens academy, and YES driving on the track was awesome! I was the only one who spun out. :-/ Then again, I was also the only one who dared to take those turns at 55 - 60 mph. :-D

Comment

Thanks Ritchie. Hey, are you still trying to get with Peoria or just focusing on DPS?

Comment

I did not do good enough on the boards. so I have to retry again.

but I am not allowed to try for another year.
            at least that is what I remember.... I guess I better recheck.

In january they had 8 openings and there were about 40-50 people testing.

Comment

InspctrClouseau

I'm sorry I graduated that time also and I do remember you wiping out and almost taking that fence out along with the dust cloud that followed. I was taking those turn's at that speed and was actually shocked how well those big cars handled through the turns. I thought for sure that they would have been sliding all over the place. I usually sat over on the window side next to the guy in the Automotive shirts. Have you gone on any ride a longs yet?
              Don't Think About The Pain, But Think ABout The Gain!

Comment

i forgot to say my push ups and sit ups where done indoors in a big room. Yours might be different. February was cold

The boards.....
                well I remember a couple of the questions as being situational.
                I believe there were nine questions all together.

Comment

AZ-HOPEFULL!,

I've turned in 2 applications over the past 3 months to do ride a longs, but no one has called me back. I just turned one in 2 weeks ago so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

BTW- Remember that one class when we were pretending to be in the academy? I almost crapped my pants when he came in screaming "ON YOUR FEET!" LOL Makes me wonder if I'll need Depends when I go to the ALEA. :-P

Comment

You'll do fine.

Just gotta snap to attention.

Yelling is just to put stress on you to see how recruits will react under stress.

Comment

Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post
                      AZ-HOPEFULL!,

I've turned in 2 applications over the past 3 months to do ride a longs, but no one has called me back. I just turned one in 2 weeks ago so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

BTW- Remember that one class when we were pretending to be in the academy? I almost crapped my pants when he came in screaming "ON YOUR FEET!" LOL Makes me wonder if I'll need Depends when I go to the ALEA. :-P
                      LOL. Nah you won't need depends. Just a quick reaction

As in, being on your feet in about....0.3 seconds, lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2839 users online. 159 members and 2680 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X