300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona

In your own opinions, what is the best thing that you all like about Arizona? What do you like to do in your off time? What is Arizona's "Claim to Fame" other than the grand canyon (thats a given being the grand canyon state)?

My favorite thing about my time in Arizona was the constant sunshine and the warm weather. Lots of golf! I'm hoping to get back there soon.

Comment

Mountain Biking, hiking, or road biking is popular in Arizona.

Comment

ASU Women !!!!

Oh wait I am married now.

UUMMMM

now I gotta go think of something else......sheesh

Comment

It is my home and someone has to remind the natives that we cannot succumb to the Yankee hordes from Kalifornia! Plus the weather is great and no hurricanes, earthquakes, and tornados.
          Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

Well, the Phoenix Suns are doing us proud right now! You also have every other major profesional sport here. The good weather brings lots of outdoor activities. You have lots of golf, softball, and other recreational league sports. A bunch of teams come here for spring training. We also have a few lakes that are close by, so there's water skiing and such. There's a ton of stuff to do in your off time.

Comment

don't the heat drive you crazy in the summer? i'm about to see what its like come this july when i go to visit my brother for the first time out there.

Comment

We are a desert but we have more boats per capita than any other state.... (I belive)...although that may have changed.

Comment

Sports

Originally posted by ciaran08 View Post
                  Well, the Phoenix Suns are doing us proud right now! You also have every other major profesional sport here. The good weather brings lots of outdoor activities. You have lots of golf, softball, and other recreational league sports. A bunch of teams come here for spring training. We also have a few lakes that are close by, so there's water skiing and such. There's a ton of stuff to do in your off time.
                  I was already a Cardnials fan (almost as bad as being a Lions fan) so that will be my high-lite in the sports department out there, but as for all other sports....Go Pistons!!!! go Tigers and Wings.....But I think I am the only person in Michigan who is a fan of the Cards..heck if its anything like Michigan I might be the only Cardnials fan in Arizona haha. Im also looking forward to no more -15 degree weather. Kind of hard to ride motocross when theres 4 foot of snow.

Comment

Don't kid yourself, avoid this place at all costs. It is over populated, traffic congestion like you have never seen, too damn hot, dusty & dirty. Az has the worst rated schools in the whole country, but is rated #1 for identity theft. We have the worst football team that we just wasted tons of money to build a stadium for. Need I go on?? Do your homework before coming here. There is a reason why there are few AZ born natives, many leave and don't return.
                    Last edited by FordMan; 05-02-2007, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Haven't read the other replies yet, but I'll go with two words

Hot

Women.

Comment

Originally posted by MesaHopeful View Post
                        Haven't read the other replies yet, but I'll go with two words

Hot

Women.
                        Only because it's 110+ for half the year

Comment

A friend of mine and my wifes moved there 2 yrs ago.. He works for a big chain furniture type store. Its a 'foreign' store from a land where it is cold all the time. Ok forget that bad pun.
                          He came here 2 yrs ago for a few days and I asked him the same stuff.
                          He said its always dry and dusty, major traffic that gets worse all the time, and as far as all those jobs? He said there mostly blue collar service type jobs, not major $100,000 a year tech jobs.

Is that accurate?
                          2 seasons, Hot and holy crap hot...
                          I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie View Post
                            We are a desert but we have more boats per capita than any other state.... (I belive)...although that may have changed.
                            That was an interesting fact when a recruiter was telling me about all the boats that are in Arizona. Being that I am from Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes and was like come on, but I guess it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
                              2 seasons, Hot and holy crap hot...
                              Yup and I love them. It may get hot here during the summer, but I can shuck clothes and enjoy the use of my backyard pool. Plus, the only time I need a shovel is when I clean out horse stalls.

Originally posted by WesternBound28 View Post
                              I was already a Cardnials fan (almost as bad as being a Lions fan) so that will be my high-lite in the sports department out there, but as for all other sports....Go Pistons!!!! go Tigers and Wings.....But I think I am the only person in Michigan who is a fan of the Cards..
                              My Michigan roots start showing during baseball season when I am seen in some form of Tigers gear at least once a week. I still love the Motor City Bad Boys, but if it came down to them and the Suns, I'd have to cheer for the beer vendor.

Originally posted by AZtribesman View Post
                              Plus the weather is great and no hurricanes, earthquakes, and tornados.
                              Amen my brotha!

I like the horsback trails! I also like being able to just get in the car and in 4 hours either direction I can be in a different state, different country or different climate. I want snow during the winter (which I don't usually) I can drive up north 3 hours and play in it all day then come back to snow and ice free climate that night. I wanna play in the water I go in my backyard or drive half an hour to the lake.
                              R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                              I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6789 users online. 366 members and 6423 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X