• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court Protects Police from Pursuit Lawsuits

Supreme Court Protects Police from Pursuit Lawsuits:

http://officer.com/article/article.j...ion=6&id=35927

So, my question is this:

For all of us whom work for agencies in the valley with "no pursuit" or "weak" pursuit policies... are we going to see some policy changes??? (obviously no time soon) ...I would call this ruling a very good victory for all in law enforcement.

I am curious to everyone else's thoughts...
    "In GOD we trust... All others are run through NCIC."

I am not a law enforcement officer. I am just a wanna be.

A person injured in a high speed pursuit has every right to sue.
    But said person should only be allowed to sue the perpetrator / pursuee / the person running from the cops / the person doing the wrong thing / the person causing danger to everyone else.

Cops should not be sued for doing their jobs.
    It is what we pay them for.

If I am going to sue you because you are doing your job...... then what the hell do we even pay you for? Shouldn't we just save time and fire everyone? Then we won't have anyone doing their jobs. We won't have anyone to sue.

The problem with society is they want things. But they don't want the risks that come with those things.

It is like recruiting soldiers to go into the Army to kill the enemy. Then suing the soldiers because some inocent bystander got shot in the war with the enemy.

I hope I made sense.... because this stuff is kinda close to my heart. and when I finally make it.... it will be closer.

Comment

When did PPD initiate any policy that made Patrol easier? PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by SHERiFF0880 View Post
        Supreme Court Protects Police from Pursuit Lawsuits:

http://officer.com/article/article.j...ion=6&id=35927

So, my question is this:

For all of us whom work for agencies in the valley with "no pursuit" or "weak" pursuit policies... are we going to see some policy changes??? (obviously no time soon) ...I would call this ruling a very good victory for all in law enforcement.

I am curious to everyone else's thoughts...
        Nothing is likely to change, it would appear we are now to be afforded protection from frivolous suits by the bad guys. Obviously, we can still be on the hook for innocent bystanders and for that reason I dont see any pursuit policies becoming more liberal.
        You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Whatever happened to tearing through a crowded city street in your Crown Vic chasing after perps? We need to bring back real policework.

Comment

The ruling won't change pursuit policies here one bit, they are more designed to protect agencies from civil liability more than criminal liability.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

I do not know what the exact policies are.

I am just glad they are still able to chase in certain cases.

They chased down some motorcycle last night..... from Mesa all the way to 339th ave.

10-15 score one for the good guys

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6571 users online. 364 members and 6207 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X