300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maricopa County Sheriff

The other threads seemed to have died. I was just notified of passing my written and physical and hopefully will get to move on. Where is everyone else in the process?

I passed the physical but failed the written by 1 point!

Comment

• UcWilson17
      UcWilson17 commented
      Editing a comment
      What was the minimum!?

70. I missed it by 1.

Comment

Whew. Im sorry man! You will get it next time!

Comment

Gratitude man. Did they send you anything else besides your passing score?

Comment

Negative. Just my scores and they will contact me if they wish to continue.

Comment

10-4. Good luck. I might retest. Idk

Comment

This might help you all out. Here’s the process for MCSO:
              Here’s how there process goes:
              -Application
              -Interview (Orientation)
              -Physical Agility (Run is first, which makes the sit ups and push ups harder than you think)
              -Written (Need 70% to pass)
              -Notice of results and date to drop background packet off
              -Background Interview (2 hours one on one with a detective)
              -Conditional*
              -Poly
              -Medical
              -Psych
              -Final*

I received my conditional but withdrew to pursue a career in Illinois.

Highly recommend setting up a ride along to see if you like the department before applying. Professional department and deputies. However, you will learn quick the scrutiny MCSO is under when you hear it from a deputy themselves.

Comment

• UcWilson17
                UcWilson17 commented
                Editing a comment
                I appreciate it! I’m actually already at the Background interview. I’m just waiting to hear back!

• mjw5678
                mjw5678 commented
                Editing a comment
                You don't want to be in Illinois. We are all waiting to get out.

• Chiguy27
                Chiguy27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Definitely reconsider your career choice in Illinois. If you have the opportunity in Arizona, still take it. I’ve had a bird in one hand, the other in Illinois, and unfortunately I chose the corrupt state. Being the police is still fun here but why be stuck in a state that will eventually turn into California or New York in 5 years.

Originally posted by Blueliner1997 View Post
              This might help you all out. Here’s the process for MCSO:
              Here’s how there process goes:
              -Application
              -Interview (Orientation)
              -Physical Agility (Run is first, which makes the sit ups and push ups harder than you think)
              -Written (Need 70% to pass)
              -Notice of results and date to drop background packet off
              -Background Interview (2 hours one on one with a detective)
              -Conditional*
              -Poly
              -Medical
              -Psych
              -Final*

I received my conditional but withdrew to pursue a career in Illinois.

Highly recommend setting up a ride along to see if you like the department before applying. Professional department and deputies. However, you will learn quick the scrutiny MCSO is under when you hear it from a deputy themselves.
              You mentioned about pursuing a career in Illinois. For what department? Or PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Blueliner1997 View Post

Meh... If you aren't accustomed to the Court Monitors and what they are expecting/have implemented then it isn't anything for you to compare against and technically have room to complain/be salty about. New recruits into OIT won't know anything else unless they are Officers/Deputies from other agencies that elected to not be a Lateral and went through their academy.

Comment

Does MCSO have a residency distance limit?
                  I'm an out-of-state applicant and I've applied for MCSO, passed the written and physical. Sending in background packet tomorrow. Just curious, and I forgot to ask during orientation.

Comment

They do not. I asked that because I am also out of state. If you need to know any more info just DM me. I asked about 60 different questions and have a good grasp of the department. I’m still waiting to hear back from my background it has been roughly 3 weeks.

Comment

Just had the Psychological Interview on Thursday. The psychologist was pretty nice. Next day I went to the medical and got cleared. Now I am just waiting for the call or email. Not sure when Academy rounds start.

Comment

Anyone know what the process is like for a lateral?

Comment

Anyone know how many academies they’re running a year?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6008 users online. 284 members and 5724 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X