Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post refers to my other one about the recruiter who told me once im in the academy they want you to do your 1.5 in 9:something.....I talked to another recruiter today and she confirmed what we have all heard and the ones in the academy already know...there is no truth to the 9:something 1.5 mile.....just the 12:59(not a problem) so now I can wipe the sweat from my brow.....again thanks everyone for the info and help.

PS. Do you think once I get out west they will let me wear chaps and some spurs on my shoes? isnt that how everyone dresses out there? JK(just a little Midwest humor)

Comment

Originally posted by WesternBound28 View Post

PS. Do you think once I get out west they will let me wear chaps and some spurs on my shoes? isnt that how everyone dresses out there? JK(just a little Midwest humor)
      thats wyoming.. not arizona

Comment

You should be fine in the academy if you can run 1.5 mile in under 12 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Going_Loud View Post
          Do you guys know if you can wear a camelpak during the run in the academy? I start ALEA in June and was wondering.
          Depends on the class sergeant.

Comment

Originally posted by MesaHopeful View Post
            My understanding is that ALEA does running around 0500 year round, but I could be wrong

I went through in the winter and we normally ran in the afternoons but really we ran whenever the Sgt. wanted to run. And he LOVED to run.

Comment

Originally posted by geek4life View Post
              You should be fine in the academy if you can run 1.5 mile in under 12 minutes
              Good to here. Ive been running three miles in a 10min mile pace, anything over that about a 12 min mile pace. Is this a good pace or should i kick it in to high gear and get them lower?
              Geek4Life you are in the academy right now, arent you?

Comment

Hey guys,

The running at ALEA is totally dependant on the Class Sergeant. Most of them are gazelles and therefore they run alot. Don't worry about the 1.5 mile run time. You should be focusing your runs on distance and speed separately. Those of you from other climates, try to "super hydrate" when you get here. This means practically over drinking water, especially the night before. Runs will start around 2-2.5 miles and build to 5-6 miles depending. This is not reached over night and the class works together to run in unison. Most important is to introduce some elevation running into your training...the Academy is at South Mountain for a reason. Do not replace water with sport drinks, they are a supplement not a substitute. If you can get 1.5 mile to 12 or less you are fine.
                Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

hey guys since i am going to be attending alea in july i just wanted to make sure i was on the right path as far as pc goes...running, pushups, situps, flutter kicks are my main exercises that i do...is there anything else i should be doing that is specific to alea...like do they do a ton of jumpingjacks, pull-ups, mountain climbers or dips.

thnx for any input..

Comment

Listen to what AZtribesman said. Make sure you drink a LOT of water the night before the run. My RTO stressed that when I was there. As for the exercises, be prepared because along with the "normal" exercises they tend to be very creative. Good times!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6598 users online. 345 members and 6253 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X