300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Really sucks....:(

I was OC'ed the other for training and I was wondering if there is a tried and true method of deactivating it or lessoning the effect of it. I was amazed at the amount of different remedies tried by my classmate. Some tried milk, baby shampoo, and commercial decontamination wipes (which seemed like baby wipes). I took a scientific approach and used Dawn dish detergent. I figured since the OC spray is oil (grease) base that Dawn would most effective in removing it from my skin. It sort of worked but my skin still burned for about 12-15 hours after exposure. Somebody said that poison control recommended ketchup! Any other experiences? Let me know...
    Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Nothing works. The best thing you can do is just pat dry your face and wait for the pain to go away. Putting water on your face only reactivates it. I've been sprayed twice, and both times sucked.

Comment

I wonder if that exfoliating stuff that they have for women might do something. U know, the stuff with the little beads in it..
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yeah, I thought about that...but it might break up the skin and grind the pepper particles into your skin. I also thought about using a pumice stone...but I was afraid to use it because I want the OC removed and not ground into my skin.

Comment

I wanted to lay down and pass out when I got OC'd. Time, and air are the only things that will truly stop the burning!
          "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

When I was sprayed it lasted 15 minutes. Face was real red for the day but didn't burn. All I did was use some baby shampoo and rub it strait on my eyeballs and all over my head, used some CLEAN water to wash it off then took a jog with the wind in my face. The cool breeze helps!

Comment

Which is worse.

Gas chamber in Basic Training or the OC

Comment

We had 10% O.C., 200,000 scoville's. "PURE HELL" The most unimaginable pain I have ever felt. Both eyes wide open, standing at attention, 2 streams and 1 fogger. From about 3 feet away. It does take you to the edge of reality. I was feeling it for a good 1.5 hours. The military chamber was like getting an eyelash in your eye, compared to this stuff. Although it does not react the same with everyone, just most people. I would do it again for $1000.00, Tazer I would do again for $100.00.
                Go with Cragcrawler,s suggestion, baby shampoo and a brisk walk to keep air flow across your eyes. You will probably have to hold your eyelids open though while you are walking. O.C. is an inflammitory and will force them shut if you take a direct hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie View Post
                  Which is worse.

Gas chamber in Basic Training or the OC
                  OC by far. The really bad thing about being on a tactical team in corrections is that we rely HEAVILY on chemical agents, so we get A LOT of CS exposure, and we get OC'd every stinkin' year with the giant MK9 fogger. It SUCKS!

As far as de-con goes, the best thing to do it just wait it out. Use minimal water to get the excess off your face, then once you can see again go take a shower. Dawn dish soap can help get it out of your skin, but it's still going to flare up and hurt. As far as your eyes go, rinse the hell out of them in the shower, baby shampoo helps a little bit, then go stand in front of an A/C vent and let the air blow on your eyes. It sucks the whole time, but eventually you'll be better.
                  1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

I was the idiot in my class that got sprayed twice. My department OC did not effect me so I was dumb enough to volunteer to take it again from saber red. That S*** hurt bad. However, jumping into the pool at the hotel helped the OC from traveling south if you know what I mean, but I was still feeling the effects of it the next day in class.
                    Be Advised!!!

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the ideas. Like I said I already had it last week and I DONT plan on getting it again. Your suggestions made sense and I suppose the only sure fire way to alleviate the effects is to not get sprayed. I dont even like having it on my belt. BTW if anyone needs some DAWN let me know...

Comment

We were OC'd in training while listening to Frank Sinatra's, "I've Got You Under My Skin". How thoughtful of the staff, no?

Comment

OC is worse than Basic training Tear gas by far.

Nothing helps but plenty of water.

Although being sprayed in training sucks it's worse when your partner hits you by accident when you're both rolling around with some suspect....

Comment

OC is not as bad as CS at the time you're first exposed. But the effects of OC last a lot longer.
                            "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

I wonder if you can slowly make yourself immune to it.

Like spray some in a closed garage and enjoy it.

then the next day spray some on your finger and...... oh I don't know.... maybe stick it in your nose or on your cheeks close to your eyes?

If there is a will.....there has to be a way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6076 users online. 364 members and 5712 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X