300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dps

Anyone have any idea how many vacancies DPS has? I see they test monthly, so I would assume they hire pretty often. Also, how long does the process usually take for them? Any advice on the oral boards?

Thanks to all in advance!

I don't know the exact number, even DPS brass will give you a ballpark figure, because people are hired and others retire every day, but I will say this, the numbers are in the hundreds. I've heard everything from a 200 to 500 officer shortage.
    DPS will be hiring continuously for at least the next two years.
    A friend of mine works in Human Resources, I'll get with him tomorrow and ask him for a current ballpark figure on how short we are.

In terms of Oral Boards, I can't help you there, just stay calm, and think before you speak.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

oral boards

Cool deal, I was just wondering if the orals were mostly concerning your knowledge of what an AZ Highway Patrolman does...at least, that's what I've been told. Could be wrong

Comment

Didn't really want to start a new thread....so forgive me for hi-jacking yours ...but does anyone here know if DPS does or offers ride-alongs?

I would really like to ride with a DPS officer to get a clearer view of their roles and responsibilities.

Comment

ride along

Based on their site, they do. And it's a requirement also if you want to get hired by them.

Comment

I took the Oral Boards in Feb. and what AZLawDawg said is right on the money.
            Stay calm, read the question, think then answer. One thing, if you think of something about a question you already asnwered go back to it.

For how long. Not sure but they told us when we tested at least three months.
            I tested in Feb. and told me if all goes well , I should be in the June Academy maybe July
            Last edited by kramco; 04-26-2007, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wspd913 View Post
              Cool deal, I was just wondering if the orals were mostly concerning your knowledge of what an AZ Highway Patrolman does...at least, that's what I've been told. Could be wrong
              The BOARDS

http://www.azdps.gov/hr/employment/N...ketRev0107.pdf

Click on the link ans study up on the QAB Study Plan.

Also there are a couple of questions on Scenarios.

they only ask you nine questions total.

Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
              ...but does anyone here know if DPS does or offers ride-alongs?

I would really like to ride with a DPS officer to get a clearer view of their roles and responsibilities.
              Yup tey do. As a matter of fact it is required before hire. Once you are in the process of applying, make sure to tell them that. Otherwise if you are a dummy like me and forget to mention that you are in the testing process....... then you will wait a VERY VERY LOOONG TIME.

Originally posted by wspd913 View Post
              Also, how long does the process usually take for them? Any advice on the oral boards?

Thanks to all in advance!
              Kramco is right. I tested with him in February and the estimated time they gave us was June academy with July being the latest. Unfortunately I failed the boards the first time. So now I am sixty days behind kramco.
              Last edited by Ritchie; 04-26-2007, 07:46 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie View Post
                The BOARDS

http://www.azdps.gov/hr/employment/N...ketRev0107.pdf

Click on the link ans study up on the QAB Study Plan.

Also there are a couple of questions on Scenarios.

they only ask you nine questions total.

Yup tey do. As a matter of fact it is required before hire. Once you are in the process of applying, make sure to tell them that. Otherwise if you are a dummy like me and forget to mention that you are in the testing process....... then you will wait a VERY VERY LOOONG TIME.

Kramco is right. I tested with him in February and the estimated time they gave us was June academy with July being the latest. Unfortunately I failed the boards the first time. So now I am sixty days behind kramco.
                Hmmm....so going ahead and doing the ride along will speed up the process? Can you do it anytime, whether it's before u apply or after u do?

Comment

anytime... just make sure to tell them you are applying or in the process.
                  Because i turned mine in at the very beginning of March. And may is right around the corner and i am still waiting.

Perhaps it is time for me to check and make sure my paperwork is not lost.

Comment

anybody know what academy dates DPS actually has for 08? im not old enough to start until feb 08 but i plan to apply in august wit them and probably phx. not sure if i want a third in there because i dont want to mess anything up. but what should i expect on the QAB and if anyone knows what classes they have going around that time of year it be great. i heard something like 434-436. they dont have openings in every class huh?

Comment

wspd913- Once you get your intent to hire, the people from HR will set you up with a ride along. I would go ahead and try to get one before just to see what DPS is all about. As far as needing one before, like I said they will set it up for you. The people at HR do great work!

As for the Academy as of 08. Not sure, but I believe they are putting people in Academy almost every month. AZLawDawg prob. knows more about than me.

Comment

DPS puts a class into the academy every other month, I think it's still the case.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Yeah, I just had a form e-mailed to me to sign about the ride along. I am going to get that done with when I go out to test, if possible.

Again, appreciate all the info!

Comment

the more i hear about DPS the more i like. does anyone have any good stories with DPS?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3552 users online. 221 members and 3331 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X