300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottsdale PD hiring process

Anyone wish to share their experience in the hiring process? I know the physical testing is self explanatory, how about their written? Any study advice would be greatly appreciated!

they have a spelling test

and a written report type test.

Comment

Thanks Overcharged. I would like to an idea on what to study to prepare myself for the test.

Comment

there is not really anything to study in particular, its mostly general knowledge, or common sense, follow the logic type stuff.
        The rest of the process is similar to other agencies, oral board, backround etc.
        the process was very quick, less than 2 mos for me in 2005.

Comment

And a big thanks to you too BluStar. I figured as much that its pretty standard stuff. Thanks again for your help

Comment

I remember others saying the test was more difficult than average, but I didn't test anywhere else, so no firsthand knowledge on that. There is a spelling test. Otherwise, it's just common sense stuff, logic, general knowledge. Not sure how you could study for it, but I suppose some do. Good luck. I hear they've bumped up the hiring process. Mine took over three months in 2005; I hear it's down to less than two now.
            d

Comment

Thanks Blatant! I'm looking forward to it. I just want to make sure I pass the written part. I think I'm doing the physical well. Just need to build a bit more upper body strength in my opinion. Arms and legs haven't fallen off yet, LOL!

Comment

blatant, do you have a degree?

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I have a bachelor's degree and was former Army.
                  d

Comment

Are all Arizona written test the same?I'm going out for Glendale in a few weeks just curious?When you say spelling test,do they have a specific word with 3 anwsers that look similiar and you have to choose the right one or is it another way?

Comment

I'm guessing the set up/structure is the same, but the content is definitely be different. Plus, some agencies have you go through video testing for some portions.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Blatant View Post
                        Sorry for the delay. Yes, I have a bachelor's degree and was former Army.
                        d
                        I was just asking, because they "claim" that a degree is not required.
                        But from my own experience and from what I hear, the degree requirement is an unwritten rule.

its all good though. I am not mad at them for not calling me. I only want to work for DPS anyway. but I do feel like I was lied to. or at least led astray.

Comment

A few years back I was at ALEA to help out with scenarios and I was an actor along with a Scottsdale officer. It turned out that he was in charge of recruiting and we ended up talking for ahwile about the topic. When he asked me if I had ever applied to Scottsdale, I told him I had not and that the degree requirement was the reason why. He told me that he had lobbied hard to remove the requirement because they were not getting enough applicants at the time. He went on to say that it was no longer a requirement, although I'm sure they would still prefer applicants with them. He seemed to be very sincere in his search for sound applicants and I dont think he felt that a college degree means that a recruit will be better suited for police work than someone without.

Comment

While alot of officers have degree's it is not a requirement, there are plenty that do not. Those that do not have degrees have at least military or prior LE experience.

The spelling test is not multichoice, they read it you spell it. I wouldn't sweat that one too much, spelling can improve.

Comment

Originally posted by blustar View Post
                              While alot of officers have degree's it is not a requirement, there are plenty that do not. Those that do not have degrees have at least military or prior LE experience.

The spelling test is not multichoice, they read it you spell it. I wouldn't sweat that one too much, spelling can improve.

DARN !!....LOL I rock, on multiple choice tests

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5908 users online. 319 members and 5589 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X