300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPS Information for potential Applicants

I am a DPS recruit who has recently found the forum here at officer.com and I was surprised at the amount of posts requesting information about the Department and hiring procedures. I admit I am not up to date with the hiring process since I went through it a while ago, but I remember the recruiters or Human Resources always being very open and forthcoming with information. Also, the website answered most of my general questions. I want to ask potential recruits and applicants, what could DPS do to improve the website or hiring literature to answer your questions? Let me know and I could present a memo for the suggestion box...
    Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

a whole lot more info like PHX PD...

Comment

but what kind of info?

because I thought both sites answered the same types of questions.

I really did not find Phoenix website to be much different that AZDPS

Comment

I have searched the site pretty good and here are some suggestions that I have.

I would like to see links to each DPS Officer Career opportunities like canine, SWAT, Bomb squad, Aviation, etc that is a little more accessible.

It would also be nice to see that all districts have their own section of the website where the captain could introduce himself and his district. you could also include Stats for that area such as infractions written, fatalities, DUI arrested, etc. There could also be links inside each district with links to each detachment that briefly describe there area and contact information.

Also, It seems that you really have to look hard to find information on the site. I was looking for an organizational chart, and a map of the district. It took awile but I eventually found it.

Overall, things need to be organized in way so that you could easily navigate through the site. On average a website visitor looses interest if they can't find the information they want in 3-10 seconds (that includes page load time).

It would be cool to see some DPS officers in the line of duty by way of in car videos. And I am not talking about J.D Buck Savage for those of you who don't know who that is can go here and hind out --> CLICK HERE

I am sure if I thought some more I could come with some other suggestions. Maybe later!
        Last edited by CragCrawler; 04-24-2007, 11:33 PM. Reason: Thought of somathing else

Comment

Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
          I have searched the site pretty good and here are some suggestions that I have.

I would like to see links to each DPS Officer Career opportunities like canine, SWAT, Bomb squad, Aviation, etc that is a little more accessible.

It would also be nice to see that all districts have their own section of the website where the captain could introduce himself and his district. you could also include Stats for that area such as infractions written, fatalities, DUI arrested, etc. There could also be links inside each district with links to each detachment that briefly describe there area and contact information.

Also, It seems that you really have to look hard to find information on the site. I was looking for an organizational chart, and a map of the district. It took awile but I eventually found it.

Overall, things need to be organized in way so that you could easily navigate through the site. On average a website visitor looses interest if they can't find the information they want in 3-10 seconds (that includes page load time).

It would be cool to see some DPS officers in the line of duty by way of in car videos. And I am not talking about J.D Buck Savage for those of you who don't know who that is can go here and hind out --> CLICK HERE

I am sure if I thought some more I could come with some other suggestions. Maybe later!

I agree, I think the website has a lot of room to improve on user friendliness. Also possibly like the California Highway Patrol site where it lists the different districts, the character, and the type of work. I think it would be nice to lay out all the pay and benefits the way Phoenix PD does, because they do a good job of that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2988 users online. 140 members and 2848 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X