Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just graduated from ALEA the other day and all I can say is that DPS has treated me with alot of respect and I am proud to be a part of it. In July 2006 I went to ALEA with DPS and broke my leg in the second week. DPS kept me on the payroll and found a job at HQ for me while I recuperated. Once I was released medically they even allowed me to train on Department time so I would be ready for the next academy class. I am about to enter advanced basic and all I can say is that this Department is growing and needs good officers to grow with it. It is a large department but not so much that you are only a badge number.
    Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

Congrats officer!

I'll be in your boots next month.

Comment

Originally posted by AZtribesman View Post
        I just graduated from ALEA the other day and all I can say is that DPS has treated me with alot of respect and I am proud to be a part of it. In July 2006 I went to ALEA with DPS and broke my leg in the second week. DPS kept me on the payroll and found a job at HQ for me while I recuperated. Once I was released medically they even allowed me to train on Department time so I would be ready for the next academy class. I am about to enter advanced basic and all I can say is that this Department is growing and needs good officers to grow with it. It is a large department but not so much that you are only a badge number.
        when do you start Advanced Basic?
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Manana/Tomorrow
          Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

I tested with DPS last November of 2006. My final score was 91% and that placed me 58 on the eligibility list.

DPS finally gave me a call 3 weeks ago and asked if i'm still interested to go on the second phase of the selection process

Comment

Originally posted by geek4life View Post
              I tested with DPS last November of 2006. My final score was 91% and that placed me 58 on the eligibility list.

DPS finally gave me a call 3 weeks ago and asked if i'm still interested to go on the second phase of the selection process
              I wonder why the long wait? Seems like a good score.

Comment

Could be any number of things including them having lost your file. You just never know. If you are still looking then give them a call and get moving before they offer that slot to someone else.

Comment

I have a couple DPS questions of my own:

I see that DPS operates motors. About how many do they have? Do they only operate out of certain stations, or are they pretty much statewide? How hard is it to get assigned to motors?

Is there a map or list online of all of the DPS patrol stations?
                  "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Oregon Mike View Post
                    I have a couple DPS questions of my own:

I see that DPS operates motors. About how many do they have? Do they only operate out of certain stations, or are they pretty much statewide? How hard is it to get assigned to motors?

Is there a map or list online of all of the DPS patrol stations?
                    http://www.azdps.gov/hr/employment/officer.asp

Comment

I noticed that they only have testing dates scheduled for this year. Are they going to have any in 2008?

Comment

Hey there Crag, DPS will be testing throughout 2008. They just didn't post the '08 testing dates.

Oregon Mike, DPS operates motor units in Metro Phoenix, Tucson and the District 12/Prescott area. As soon as your probation period is up ( one year ), you can put in for a Motor squad. Getting assigned to one is not difficult, most Motor squads are short, and they are always looking for new Officers.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Oh, I thought of one more question. The DPS website shows a picture of a Trooper on a Kawasaki. Do they still use those, or do they have BMWs or Harleys?
                          Last edited by Oregon Mike; 06-10-2007, 11:55 PM.
                          "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

BMW's strictly now....
                            "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Out of State Officer

Hello all,

Can anybody tell me what the hiring process is like for an Out of State Officer with 8 years of experience? Can I process as a Lateral? I tried to make contact with recruitment however I have not heard from them at this time. In addition, can you advise me how the morale is, does the department back you etc. Are the medical/retirement benefits good? Any info would be great. Thanks for your time and be safe.

TC
                              Last edited by tcode3; 06-12-2007, 04:53 PM. Reason: typo
                              Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

Comment

are vehicles take home

do you have mdt's

do you use tasers/patrol rifles/shotguns

how hard is it to get on at metro (assuming metro has the most traffic)

and do officers have state jurisdiction meaning they can run traffic on city streets

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4820 users online. 301 members and 4519 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X