300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPS Openings

Does anyone know what offices have openings? i know they let you choose where you want to go before you sign? is that true? well just wondering what is open? im sure PHX Metro is. Is east valley included in Metro? on the map it looks like its part of Casa Grande District. I personally would like to go to yuma or nogales...

DPS will usually assign you to a duty station where your current address is located. Metro is divided into two categories East and West. SR 51 is roughly the border with West being much larger than east. West also includes Metro Central which is a radio channel. If you are in the hiring process just contact Human Resources with your assignment wishes. Unless you are seeking a one person postion like Valle or something extremely remote you always get what you want...Yuma, Nogales area, Metro...
    Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

ya i live NE Valley now but would like to get out of phx. i have been to yuma and would like to start off down there for about 2-3 yrs then maybe come back up here or something. what is it like working down in yuma/nogales compared to phx metro? Obviously i know there is not as much traffic flow, but do u have some more freedom to make traffic stops and get some drugs and guns?

Comment

I am not sure what happens in district 4 (Yuma). You could call their main office and just ask. Let them know you are interested or go through a Human Resource recruiter. Given the hiring situation in AZ with every community growing exponentially they will try to accomodate you if they feel you are competitive. There is testing on Tuesday, I think at Phoenix College.
        Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

Originally posted by AZLawDawg
          Three seperate areas fall under the Metro umbrella.
          1.Metro Central, which covers I-10 from 99th Ave to the Salt River Bridge. I-17 from milepost 194.0 to Deer Valley Road. All of SR51, and SR101 from I-17 to Scottsdale Road.
          2.Metro East, which covers I-10 from the I-17 junction to the Pinal County line. US60 from the I-10 junction to Meridian Road. SR101 from Scottsdale Road to Frye Road. Both SR202 ( Red Mountain and the Santan ). SR143 from the I-10 junction to McDowell road. SR153 from University to Washington. SR87 from the Canal to Baseline and from the 202 to McDowell. SR347 from the Pinal County Line to I-10.
          Metro West, which covers I-10 from the 101 to the La Paz County line. SR 101 from I-10 to I-17. SR74 from US60 to I-17. SR85 from MP134.2 to I-10. SR89 from US93 to Kirkland Junction. SR93 from the Santa Maria Bridge to US60. I-17 from the 101 to the Yavapai County line. US60 from the Maricopa/La Paz County line to the SR101. SR71 from US60 to US93, and the 303 in it's entirety.

If you want to work around Surprise, talk to someone in HR after you are further along in the process, and tell them you want to work in Metro West. Since Metro contains all three, being placed in Metro West shouldn't be a problem because if you choose Metro, they'll place you in the area of Metro that is closest to your house. You live in West, you'll most likely get Metro West, and so on.
          http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59985

Comment

Originally posted by phxsundevil19
            ya i live NE Valley now but would like to get out of phx. i have been to yuma and would like to start off down there for about 2-3 yrs then maybe come back up here or something. what is it like working down in yuma/nogales compared to phx metro? Obviously i know there is not as much traffic flow, but do u have some more freedom to make traffic stops and get some drugs and guns?

Yuma does allow you to do other things like being a dope hound. I have a friend who worked there for about 5 years before going to the Metro area. He liked it alot and moved to Phx for personal reasons.

Comment

Okey Dokey, wish me luck

QAB tommorrow at 1pm

Actually no need to wish me luck.
              just wish and pray that I calm down.

as long as I am calm then all will be fine and I will not need to apply anywhere else.

but if I am not calm.....then they will probably kick me out for wasting their time.

Comment

ritchie let me know how u do. good luck bro

Comment

All done.

I think I did good.

At this point I am only looking to pass. Just need to get that foot into the door. Anything over that is gravy.

I do not think I need to apply anywhere else. But I will, It would be a good work out. and you never know...... Just in case.

Comment

Ritchie,
                    I am sure you did good. Good luck!!!

Comment

I will changed my signature when I receive that letter that says I passed my QAB.

I will change it to what you have.

right now I don't want to jinx myself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5882 users online. 345 members and 5537 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X