Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alea Academics?

Hello all,
    Just wondering about ALEA'S academic portion of the academy. I know the physical fitness portion will not be a problem if one is in good shape. Thanks

I would say that ALEA is 80% academics and 20% physical conditioning. Some of the tests are difficult and some aren't. I'm not the best study but I made it through ok.

The most difficult (and important) class is Title 13 Criminal Law in my opinion. For me, the classes were very boring but necessary.

Comment

The academics are not difficult as long as you study!!!

Alot of the stuff is brand new to most people unless you were previously involved in law, or a cop somewhere else. It's stuff that people don't necessarily think about.

You are given as much help as you ask for as far as the academics go.
      "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

any books to get?
        something we can study ahead of time?

I am just worried that I will finally get hired.....then poof fail out.

Comment

I figure it can't be *THAT* hard. You don't need a college degree to be a cop, so they can't make the academics too difficult. If you pay attention and study you have to be able to pass.

Heck, I'm sure PT is harder than the bookwork.

Comment

alea was not hard... it was more annoying then hard. academics are pretty much common sense buit some crappy instructors can get you confused with some crim law and search stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie
              any books to get?
              something we can study ahead of time?
              for example what the calls are.
              What laws are.
              anything?

Comment

I would say the academics are taught at a 12th-13th grade level. If you want to know what to study then pick up an ARS book and read title 13 and 28. Maybe look up and read some of the bigger Supreme Court cases that apply to law enforcement as well like Terry V Ohio, Miranda V AZ, Cabella V TN and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by AzDogs
                  I would say the academics are taught at a 12th-13th grade level. If you want to know what to study then pick up an ARS book and read title 13 and 28. Maybe look up and read some of the bigger Supreme Court cases that apply to law enforcement as well like Terry V Ohio, Miranda V AZ, Cabella V TN and so on.
                  AWESOME THANKS.............

Comment

I only have a high diploma and i'm doing very well in the academic portion of the academy. It's not hard if you study.

Comment

Originally posted by AzDogs
                      If you want to know what to study then pick up an ARS book and read title 13 and 28.
                      Could not find the book. Not at Borders and not at banres & Noble

So for those who are as hopeful as I am (My fellow wanna Bs) click on the link below

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp

Comment

This is a link the book they use:

Lexis Nexis

or on
                        Amazon

Comment

Hey recruits in Alea, why don't you post your experiences daily.
                          It would be neat to know what you go through on a day to day basis.

of course if you are not allowed to tell.... then nevermind.

I just think it would be neat.

Comment

You are asking questions about training in AZ. Study the Arizona Revised Statutes, use Google to find them, then look at title 4, 13 and 28. They are the most important. However, also be knowledgable about the US Constitution and amendments, it is helpful to have a history background so you understand why the laws are as they are and be able to explain why.
                            Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6170 users online. 352 members and 5818 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X