300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83rd ave & Deer Valley

Last edited by Ritchie; 10-28-2008, 02:26 AM.

DPS will be on scene until officers from the municipality in question arrive. If said officers are too busy, DPS will take disposition of the collision, but will use the NCIC number of the municipality of the jurisidiction the collision took place in, on the collision report.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Last edited by Ritchie; 10-17-2008, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Could have been the end of a chase were all of the cities, state, and county were involved. Just a guess.

Comment

It is Peoria. If DPS or Glendale happens to be driving by they will start the paperwork until Peoria arrives. There are several areas in Peoria that are MCSO roadways and they will take dispo in those areas.

Comment

I've been on FTO for two weeks and i've already been backed up by MCSO, Mesa, Fellow DPS....We're all brothers (and sisters) it doesn't matter, we'll take it.

Only thing is that city cops can't order wrecked vehicles out of the road, but us DPS boys and girls can push pull or tow it.
            "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632
              I've been on FTO for two weeks and i've already been backed up by MCSO, Mesa, Fellow DPS....We're all brothers (and sisters) it doesn't matter, we'll take it.

Only thing is that city cops can't order wrecked vehicles out of the road, but us DPS boys and girls can push pull or tow it.
              Omega,

Congrats on the job. However, what are you talking about in referencing city cops cant order wreched vehicles out of the road? Is that something your FTO told you. Maybe I do not understand what you are saying but I push and tow wrecked cars off the road everyday. If they are blocking im moving them.

Excuse me if I misunderstand what your saying and please let me know.

Comment

That must be a misstatement or something. I remove vehicles daily for several reasons. The power to remove a vehicle comes from the ARS and it says who can and cannot remove a vehicle for what reasons. Maybe he is referring to the push bumper on his vehicle that a lot of agencies (mine included) don't have.
                Last edited by AzDogs; 04-15-2007, 04:14 AM.

Comment

let me rephrase...some city agencies, in their general orders do not allow for it. Yes we have the state authority, however some agencies are touchy about it, don't know why.
                  "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

We have push bars on all marked cars and use them. Omega, your statement now goes from "city cops" to "some city agencies". Im not going to pretend to know how most agency policies read in reference to removing vehicles. However, I see several agencies pushing cars off the road. As far as towing cars, what agency would allow an abandoned or wrecked vehicle to remain in the roadway. None that I can think of.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3396 users online. 191 members and 3205 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X