300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoe SHINE!

Is there anyone out there that can offer some tips on getting an unbelievable shine on my boots?

spit shine complete with lighter and melted wax and believe it or not....NO SPIT.

Or leather luster.

When I was high speed army, I always spit shined. towards the end of my ten years, I went to leather luster. Nobody knew any different.

Comment

I followed the procedure/recommendations on hot boots.com cuz i was clueless as well. once yoru done when they scuff up later it just takes 1 coat and they look good as new. speaking of which.. its time to run another coat.. thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I can put a glass shine on my boots without using a lighter. I never used a lighter and during the academy I had the best looking boots. I started working on them a month before the academy. The key is to slowely apply polish with water. Use a little bit at a time. Dont GLOB in on or it will flake off. Slow wet circles with a clean t-shirt.

Comment

Shiny Footwear

You got it all wrong! First, start with a clean and dry leather (or synthetic) surface. Washing dirty footwear with saddle soap under hot water and air drying for several days is a good beginning. Use a plastic dish scrubber to remove old polish and dirt.

Get a good quality bristle applicator and fresh (I replace every few weeks) Kiwi polish. Get Kiwi's Honor Guard or Lincoln Brand if possible. Apply liberally in a circular motion. Work the polish into the scratches and cracks. Reapply if necessary.

Let sit overnight. This allows the polish to dry, and will result in a nice shine.
          The next day, work it with a horse hair brush. See the shine??? Now allow the polished surface to breathe, after several minutes work it again with the brush.

You'll look good, and the shine will rejuvenate with a quick hit of the brush and last for several days, depending on your working conditions.

No water or open flame necessary-it will only hurt and damage the leather.

I once took two down in a scuffle, arresting both. Back at the station, the initial comments centered on how good my boots looked!

Be Safe,

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Mgrif View Post
            I can put a glass shine on my boots without using a lighter. I never used a lighter and during the academy I had the best looking boots. I started working on them a month before the academy. The key is to slowely apply polish with water. Use a little bit at a time. Dont GLOB in on or it will flake off. Slow wet circles with a clean t-shirt.

what is the process?
            As in, when and where do they tell you what you need and where to get it?
            Is it issued or is it bought?

I have military boots in my closet. Can I go shine them up?
            Where do we find out what is authorized and where do we get it?

On a side note, I saw that AZTAC had some MCSO and Phoenix Police uniiforms on stock.

Comment

Go to a hobby store and buy a heat gun. Then go to Walgreens and get some parade gloss wax. Spread about 4 to 5 layers of the wax ob each boot letting each layer dry before you apply the next.

Then, depending on which heat gun you get, hold it about 12 inches away from your boot and hold it in one spot until the wax glosses over. After youve done this, get a cotton ball, soak it with cold water and then start rubbin on it.

My brother, who is in the 82nd, tought me this. I was skeptical and thought it would never work. But it works good, and they dont scuff easily either.
              sigpic

Comment

I did the heat gun thing too and it never failed. A good base coat will save you hours later at the Academy. Although use regular kiwi or lincoln's....parade gloss is a little to apt to crack.
                Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2797 users online. 155 members and 2642 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X