300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHERiFF0880
    I agree about the weak pursuit policies... My east valley agency only allows a pursuit if the suspect has committed a "violent criminal offense" or if the vehicle is driving recklessly prior to "police intervention" (attempt to pull them over).

Bottom line, all the valley agencies have been losing SO much money in wrongful death lawsuits brought on by pursuits that it’s no longer cost effective to catch these people that run. My question is this: How or WHY can people sue police departments for doing our jobs? In California, (correct me if I am mistaken) the agencies are civilly protected from lawsuits as long as they did not act with gross negligence. Meaning, if it’s a lawful pursuit and someone dies, the PD does not lose any money - which is how it should be. Yes its sad people die, but is it the police departments fault Joe sh*t the rag man decided to run from the police and not be a big boy and be responsible for his actions? Nope. So why do we pay for it? Ultimately the communities pay for it because we are not catching the violent criminals that plague our streets because all the criminals have to do is... well, not stop!

My $0.02...

Yeah it sucks ***. Whatever happened to cops being allowed to do their jobs and chase after scumbags?

Also, please bring back warning shots and shooting out peoples' tires. And going over sweet jumps.

Comment

The thing I always found really weird & (flat-out) stupid is that here, in a valley with **** poor, yet relatively open roads the driver training is TERRIBLE. You're not taught PIT manouvers, "high speed" driving is rarely taught over 45mph. and years ago when (then) ***'t Chief Brewster swung a deal with Bondurant's hi-po driving school, the "powers that be" said "no way". Now people are flipping us off & running just because they can.I'm waiting 'til some big-wigs family is victimized & when told we can't pursue, see how fast THAT changes things.........

Comment

I am assuming only Phoenix's K9 and SAU officers have their own take home cars.

Comment

Actually many detectives have take home cars, too, as well as certain supervisors.

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop
            Actually many detectives have take home cars, too, as well as certain supervisors.
            I have a few questions that relate to what I am writing...

Do homicide detectives have take home cars?
            If so, are they cars or are they more like the tahoes?
            What is the policy regarding take home vehicles? Does the detective have to go straight home with it or would they be allowed to make a stop or two along the way to handle "personal" business?

Whew... that's enough for now. I'll bug ya later with more.
            R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
            I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

The detectives assignment (homicide,VCU, etc.) & their responsibilities within the unit determine what they're assigned. As far as taking care of "personal business", strictly speaking, that's prohibited, but everyone "fudges" now & again. As far as using the vehicle for completely non-departmental use--no way........

Comment

what about getting off shift.
                on your way home.
                you see a mcdonald's then you pull in to get something thru the drive through and then go home.

I would hate to go all the way home switch cars and come all the way back out just to go to mcdonald's or to stop by the mailbox

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie
                  what about getting off shift.
                  on your way home.
                  you see a mcdonald's then you pull in to get something thru the drive through and then go home.

I would hate to go all the way home switch cars and come all the way back out just to go to mcdonald's or to stop by the mailbox
                  that's fine, you are still on your way home and not technically 10-7.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

I drive a grand prix as a normal car and it has alot more room in front and back then the crown vics do.
                    I too drive a Grand Prix GTP as a daily driver. I've seen a couple departments use them as cruisers and from what I've heard...they like them. I love mine to death, and I might add it has a LOT more pep than a Crown Vic does.

Comment

Originally posted by OverCharged
                      crown vics are being dicontinued in 08 so they really arnt a future option.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...tureOfCVPI.doc

Comment

ford has made the crown vic fleet only this year for sale meaning rentals etc.

fleet status at ford has always ment the next year a car is iscontinued for commerical public sale.

They may choose to make some for police only /shrug but as a passenger vehcial for people to buy its done.

and believe me at the low volulme they will be making for agencies only dont expect much love or design changes in the future of the vehicle.

Still think the best option is a car designed for police work from the ground up.. not a commerical vehical adapted hastily for a police purpose.

Comment

A purpose-built police vehicle would cost a manufacturer too much money & would do them no good. To outfit a vehicle specifically would require such specialized parts & dimensions it couldn't be built on a regular assembly line. Although Chrysler long ago had a special off-site assembly line for special vehicles, nowadays it would send them to the poorhouse faster than they're already going.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6543 users online. 355 members and 6188 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X