300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD Cars

What is the main model of car used by Phoenix PD. I've noticed a lot of pics on the internet showing Phoenix using Impala's. Is this a new trend that they're headed towards to save money?
    "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

phx pd bought 100 impalas and 40 or 60 tahoes this year.

the tahoes end up in supervisor and pet positions while the officers get the shaft with the impalas.

iam currently in a late model crown vic but i have a feeling ill be trying to squeeze all 6'3 of my into a impala when i get off fto.

even the crown vics have crappy leg room.

need to start making police cars out of better sized vehicles.

i drive a grand prix as a normal car and it has alot more room in front and back then the crown vics do.
    Last edited by OverCharged; 04-07-2007, 03:38 AM.

Comment

The Grand Prix and Impala are on the same platform. The interior space is comparable to the Crown Victoria as well.
      That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

Originally posted by OverCharged
        phx pd bought 100 impalas and 40 or 60 tahoes this year.

the impalas end up in supervisor and pet positions while the officers get the shaft with the impalas.

iam currently in a late model crown vic but i have a feeling ill be trying to squeeze all 6'3 of my into a impala when i get off fto.

even the crown vics have crappy leg room.

need to start making police cars out of better sized vehicles.

i drive a grand prix as a normal car and it has alot more room in front and back then the crown vics do.
        ya man give the officers the tahoes!

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheZ71
          The Grand Prix and Impala are on the same platform. The interior space is comparable to the Crown Victoria as well.

ya but its night and day if u sit in a impalas and then a grand prix.

mostly its the distance the steering wheel will go up.

impalas my knees at hitting the wheel shaft while the grand prix has room to spare.

my gand am was like that to pontiacs always had most upper leg and knee room for me /shrug

Comment

Originally posted by phxsundevil19
            ya man give the officers the tahoes!
            my bad i fixed my mistake the tahoes go to supervisors and special positions

Comment

any truth to the rumor that Phx PD is going to go all Tahoes at some point?
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AZLawDawg
                any truth to the rumor that Phx PD is going to go all Tahoes at some point?
                heh we in patrol would be thrilled last i heard and this is just what is floating around my area is they cant afford all tahoes that is why they bought all the impalas because they are cheap.
                I bet the 2-1 ratio impalas to tahoe on upcoming leases. but i think everyoen wants to go all tahoe but they arnt cheap. Gotta think the poor gas mileage on them has to play a role with expensive gas to but not sure.

Comment

Whats wrong with the Crown Vic! Seems to be a great police car and cheaper then the Tahoe. I've heard the big concern with the Impala is the space and control with front wheel drive.

Everyone thanks for the replys.
                  "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

Comment

No one I know is overly fond of the CVs--to slow & explosive. Personally I'd prefer a Charger but they're more money than Impalas, so I doubt we'll see many, if any of them. The Tahoes were too much money, so that coupled with a no pursuit policy there's really no reason to get anything other than the POS Impalas.

Comment

Crown Vics

I've seen several 2006 CVs, but no 06 Impalas in sevice. I heard the shift is towards CVs and Tahoes, and phasing out the Impalas. The first batch of Tahoes went to patrol, the next went to supervisors and specialties. But patrol gets the next wave.

But who knows.

Comment

crown vics are being dicontinued in 08 so they really arnt a future option.

and our weak no pursuit for anything policy makes having good cars hard to justify.

Comment

What do you mean by the "weak no pursuit policy." Is it a rare occasion when they allow a pursuit to continue and does it require approval from a supervisor?
                          Last edited by Helojacob; 04-07-2007, 08:26 PM.

Comment

by weak i mean i think the no pursuit policy sucks.

you cant pursue for anything short of some guy you saw shoot a officer.

every day i hear multiple veh fleeing air unit avail?... well lost him.

peopel have started abusing if you run we cant follow on basic traffic stuff now.

Comment

I agree about the weak pursuit policies... My east valley agency only allows a pursuit if the suspect has committed a "violent criminal offense" or if the vehicle is driving recklessly prior to "police intervention" (attempt to pull them over).

Bottom line, all the valley agencies have been losing SO much money in wrongful death lawsuits brought on by pursuits that it’s no longer cost effective to catch these people that run. My question is this: How or WHY can people sue police departments for doing our jobs? In California, (correct me if I am mistaken) the agencies are civilly protected from lawsuits as long as they did not act with gross negligence. Meaning, if it’s a lawful pursuit and someone dies, the PD does not lose any money - which is how it should be. Yes its sad people die, but is it the police departments fault Joe sh*t the rag man decided to run from the police and not be a big boy and be responsible for his actions? Nope. So why do we pay for it? Ultimately the communities pay for it because we are not catching the violent criminals that plague our streets because all the criminals have to do is... well, not stop!

My $0.02...
                              "In GOD we trust... All others are run through NCIC."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5389 users online. 304 members and 5085 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X