300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former SF BayArea cops now in PHX area

I'm currently a Police Officer in the San Francisco Bay Area and am thinking about transfering down to the Phoenix area. My wife is from there, and the move would be mainly family related.

If anyone has made the transition, I would really appreciate any feedback. How did the lateral process work? How are the work conditions? How have you coped with the heat? Any specific valley departments that you would recommend (or that I should stay clear of?) Basically any information or experiences would be great.

Thanks

Originally posted by SF1973
    I'm currently a Police Officer in the San Francisco Bay Area and am thinking about transfering down to the Phoenix area. My wife is from there, and the move would be mainly family related.

If anyone has made the transition, I would really appreciate any feedback. How did the lateral process work? How are the work conditions? How have you coped with the heat? Any specific valley departments that you would recommend (or that I should stay clear of?) Basically any information or experiences would be great.

Thanks
    Your dime will go further but obviously there is a pay cut
    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

I have never worked in any other state. I was an in state lateral for Peoria PD. Peoria has a very easy lateral process for both in state and out of state laterals. We have had several out of state laterals. Four of them from california. You apply and interview. No written test or physical agility. Once hired you come to work and study for about a month to take the AZPOST waiver test. Once you take it you hit the road for a short FTO period. Oh and did I mention the 5k bonus for laterals? Check out our website. Its a not the greatest but gives u a little info.

www.peoriaaz.gov

Comment

Mgrif,

Thanks for the info. I guess if you're born and raised in AZ the heat isn't much of an issue. I've spent vacation time down there with the inlaws, but I wasn't out working in the sun. Are midnights a desireable watch there to avoid the heat? What type of uniforms do you guys wear? We use the LAPD heavy wool, which would be horrible in the heat.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5044 users online. 313 members and 4731 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X