Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD

To my law enforcement brothers in Arizona:

I'm an officer in Tennessee (not enough time in to do a lateral though), looking to advance my career somewhere where politics don't run whether you get hired or not. Of course Phoenix seems to be place to try to get a job, when they are looking for 370 officers this year. But to those who know, how long does the process generally take? It says 3-5 months, but I know depts. that claim to only take a few weeks for the entire process, only to turn around and take 6 months.

Also, what are my chances of actually getting hired before making the trip? I am an officer, so I do have experience; my background is clean (not a felon, never once tried drugs, hell never even took a drink in my life).

I appreciate your responses in advance. Take care out there!

I tested with them a couple of years ago, and the impression I got was that if you passed all the steps you were in. I think they'll process you within 2-3 months.

Comment

It took me 3 months from the date of the written test up to conditional offer.

According to my classmates, out of towners only need three trips to AZ.

1st trip: written, fitness
      2nd trip: poly, psych, medical
      3rd trip: move in

Comment

Thanks for the input. Seems like they move along pretty quick for a large PD. Just one other question, are the Oral Boards difficult (just out of curiousity, since they mentioned something about essays?) or do they do most of applicant eliminations through the background checks?

Comment

Originally posted by wspd913
          Thanks for the input. Seems like they move along pretty quick for a large PD. Just one other question, are the Oral Boards difficult (just out of curiousity, since they mentioned something about essays?) or do they do most of applicant eliminations through the background checks?
          Backround and polygraph are what get most people with them. Their oral boards shouldn't even be called an oral board. They are the most basic of questions and the answer should be flashing in neon to the vast majority of applicants.

Comment

Until very recently (couple of years), Phoenix PD didn't even have an oral board. When I took it, it lasted about 5 or 6 minutes and was very relaxed. They asked me about 5 questions or so. It was not stressful or difficult.

Comment

What everyone said here is true EXCEPT if you're looking for a place that's "politics-free", here ain't it.

Comment

Well, what I mean by politics is, I'm tired of not getting jobs in my area because I don't know the right person. Politics rule everywhere, but here, they deny you a job unless you know the right person to get you on. That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen there.

Comment

Originally posted by wspd913
                  Well, what I mean by politics is, I'm tired of not getting jobs in my area because I don't know the right person. Politics rule everywhere, but here, they deny you a job unless you know the right person to get you on. That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen there.
                  Large LE agencies(Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, etc.) in AZ travel out of state to recruit people. In fact, 1/2 of the people in my class are not native of AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by geek4life
                    Large LE agencies(Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, etc.) in AZ travel out of state to recruit people. In fact, 1/2 of the people in my class are not native of AZ.

3/4 of Arizona residents aren't native. This state is a hodge podge mix from everywhere.

Comment

Yeah so I've heard. My sister in law lives there, and is not from there (obviously) and said the same thing. Here, however, everyone knows everybody if you were born in this part of the state, so.....it sucks.

Again, I appreciate all the input on the dept. At least no one has came out and said "hell no you don't want to work for this place"

Comment

Originally posted by FordMan
                        3/4 of Arizona residents aren't native. This state is a hodge podge mix from everywhere.
                        states 3/4 illegals and 1/4 everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by OverCharged
                          states 3/4 illegals and 1/4 everything else.
                          Probably right, all will vehicles clogging every possible roadway in the damn state. Traffic congestion is so bad here it's almost inconceivable.

Comment

Speedy Process

Coming from out of state I know what you are going through. I just got back from Phoenix this week and I'm excited to say that I've passed everything so far(written test, physical fitness, background interview, polygraph, and oral board). Now I'm just waiting to get the call to go back for my medical exam and psych. exam. I was very impressed at how smoothly every aspect of the testing went while I was there. Within a few hours after I completed my last stage of testing I recieved a call from my background investigator notifying me that I had successfully passed everything! I didnt expect to hear back from them for at least a few weeks. They really know how to get people through the process down there. It's definitley not like here in Ohio were it takes at LEAST 2-3 months to hear if you even passed the written test. Now I'm just hoping that everything goes well for the last stages of the process.

Good Luck if you make the trip!!

Comment

SAHWEET !!!!

Good luck to you man.

I am sure I will see yo out there some day.

I do not even know if I passed my orals yet.
                              I am not even applying to the same agency.

but I am still sure i will see you out there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2974 users online. 149 members and 2825 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X