Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASU Police?

Hi,

Does ASU have a police department and would it be a good place to work? I was thinking that maybe it would be a good way to finish school especially if they offer some kind of tuition discount. What kind of calls do you think they have? Thanks for any information on ASU.

This is only my opinion and I know very little about ASU PD. I have a friend who used to work there. ASU PD is a place for those just getting into police work and that is the agency the got hired by before doing a lateral or its a place that older retired cops go for a second retirement.

When I hit my 20 I wouldnt mind going to ASU PD and work under the ASRS retirment so my kids can get free college. However I got 13 years left to go so things may change.

My buddy did a couple years with ASU PD and lateraled to DPS.

Comment

Originally posted by africa
      Hi,

Does ASU have a police department and would it be a good place to work? I was thinking that maybe it would be a good way to finish school especially if they offer some kind of tuition discount. What kind of calls do you think they have? Thanks for any information on ASU.
      It is a messed up place!!! The best benefit is the schooling...for the employee the first 9 semester hr are free after that it is a nominal fee. Spouse and dependents have to pay 25% of the instate rate for NAU ASU or UOA. The tuition benefit is great .....try to get to use it because of staffing and scheduling problems. Consistently low pay, pay is driven by what the legislature allows so it is not market driven as with other PD's.....laterals make 43K entry 40k....period. Domestics, drugs, alcohol, lost/stolen property such as bookbags, cell phones, mp3 players etc.....also remember the PD reports to a school administration......most schools are more concerned about image and the ability to attract students and revenue than they are about getting to crime. ALso the admins of both Tempe and ASU kinda turf it out...the soldiers on the bottom tend to work well together. IMHO.
      You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

I couldn't stand working for ASU PD. I'm a student at the school right now (I'm actually writing this from the computer lab), and can't imagine how sick and tired I'd get of patrolling a mass of greasy sweaty frat boys and valley girls.

Gah, give me Phoenix PD and some good ol' chasing-perps-through-alleys-and-tackling-them-into-stacks-of-cardboard-boxes any day.

Comment

Xynder,

We dont have "perps" west of the mississippi. Not many alley's around here either.

Comment

I just applied, I think its a great place to start if you want to pursue a career in law enforcement, in my opinion, start out small and grow from there. We'll see what happends.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4819 users online. 287 members and 4532 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X