300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Packersman13 View Post
    Texas I fly out on the 21st of September to do the first wave from NY.
    Awesome good luck! how long did it take to schedule your date after you mailed your packet?

Comment

• Packersman13
      Packersman13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I mailed my packet in the end of May and my BI got back to me the first week of July.

Edit: double post

Comment

Packet mailed today

Comment

And just got call today to comeout in November for testing. Would have been October but unfortunately I’m out of country those dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas4063 View Post
          And just got call today to comeout in November for testing. Would have been October but unfortunately I’m out of country those dates.
          That’s great. New process is a little more personal it seems and more streamlined. Wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by New_guy4LE View Post

That’s great. New process is a little more personal it seems and more streamlined. Wish you the best of luck.
            Definitely seems about as streamlined as you can get it. Thanks, appreciate it.

Comment

do they accept out of state apps for first time police officers? I have the opportunity to move from Philadelphia and would like to know

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin1794 View Post
                do they accept out of state apps for first time police officers? I have the opportunity to move from Philadelphia and would like to know
                Yes. Look at the website for everything you need to know as far as the process goes.

Comment

Anyone going mid November for the process and play golf? There’s a ton of down time.

Comment

Passed written, physical agility and background investigation/polygraph this week.

Comment

Just got the call i'm in! I'll be coming from NY so just waiting for approval that I can attend the March are April class because they thought I could start ASAP.

Comment

• Texas4063
                        Texas4063 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congrats, heading back soon to finish things up.

• Packersman13
                        Packersman13 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you. Good luck when you going back?

Hey everyone. I'm originally from AZ. I'm stationed up in WA right now and have about 13 months remaining until my ETS. When would be a good time to fill out the Out-of-state packet for military? I have the packet and started filling it out but I'm hesitant on turning it in because I dont wanna do this too early.

Comment

Hey Scottyboy623, I'm also up in WA. But I'm looking mostly locally and with Nevada Highway Patrol, and AZ HP. What I've found from everyone is basically 9 months out the earliest, 6 the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavgod99 View Post
                          Hey Scottyboy623, I'm also up in WA. But I'm looking mostly locally and with Nevada Highway Patrol, and AZ HP. What I've found from everyone is basically 9 months out the earliest, 6 the latest.
                          Awesome! Im looking locally as well with WSP and Tacoma PD. I got to speak with my commander about everything. They are doing a 3 month employment release for anyone within one year of ets. That doesnt include 2 months of terminal leave. I've been given the all clear to go ahead and apply. So I'm looking at late December being released.

Comment

Scottyboy 623,

that sounds like a good plan man. WSP seems to have some special view of a potential trooper's background. They say they don't but they have one of the highest dismissal rates in the background phase in the state. That was told to me by a current Trooper. TPD seems ok. I'm also looking at Thurston Co Sheriffs. Basically From seattle down to thurston. Some hire quicker than others, difference in pay, benefits,etc. One of the big things is the potential of making less than you currently do in the military, then having to be on a department for X amount of years to equal what you were getting. Money isn't mine driving factor, but my way of life is in the top 3.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10386 users online. 328 members and 10058 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X