Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and this has most likely been asked but here goes.
    How many more officers is Phoenix PD looking to hiring and are they still streamlining the recruiting and what are the chances if everything is passed? And what is the average wait to get through the whole process?
    Only reason why I ask about streamline is because I just went back into the army after being out for a couple years and they have me wanting to go to all types of school and would like to be a cop for Phoenix first before anything.

Thanks in advance!

Phoenix is still hiring as many as they can possibly get, and can't hire fast enough. The process is usually about 6 months total. For the military guys or out of state guys, it may be a little quicker, but plan on 6 months for sure.

Comment

Thank you for the reply I was hoping I could get it done as fast as my squad leader did, applied end of April and starting ALEA July 8th ish
      I've been surfing the forums and I've seen your post from a couple years ago was wondering if you got in with phx?

Comment

let's just say there is another all phoenix class coming up...Phoenix PD is definitely still hiring lots more.

edit: forgot to mention classes will be a little more frequent than usual as well
        AZ DPS
        Former Active Duty Army

Comment

Seems like PHX is sending a huge group every month just trying to get in the department before the end of the year

Comment

Each academy class is slotted for at least 20-25 PhxPD recruits.

Comment

That's a lot of recruits, almost a guarantee haha. Ive seen some of your older post Askiles and was wondering if you got on with PHX PD? And if so how do you like the department so far?

Comment

I did indeed. It is a very big department with lots of opportunity for movement. So far I really like it. I have found in certain areas, they are head above other agencies, like with the technology given to officers. Almost everything is done on the MDT (computer) including ATTC's (citations), collision reports, etc...and other agencies are still doing stuff by hand. One of the things that stands out to me. Like with any department it has its flaws. Overall I am very impressed and liking it a lot.

Comment

Well belated congrats to you on the job I am hoping to be able to take the test in August when I get done with my out of state reserve training. I'm trying to get out of the July training to get on board faster! quick question about the background I'm about 99% sure I don't have anything but that last 1% is just stress haha... anyways what are some of the poly questions any awkward or outrageous ones? And I have been hearing they have been easing up on the requirements just wondering if that's true in your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanherrick1 View Post
                    Well belated congrats to you on the job I am hoping to be able to take the test in August when I get done with my out of state reserve training. I'm trying to get out of the July training to get on board faster! quick question about the background I'm about 99% sure I don't have anything but that last 1% is just stress haha... anyways what are some of the poly questions any awkward or outrageous ones? And I have been hearing they have been easing up on the requirements just wondering if that's true in your opinion.
                    Sorry man, I am not at liberty to share any of the poly questions. All I can tell you is, relax, tell the truth, and you'll be fine.

Comment

For sure I completely understand, maybe I should tag along with you one day for a ride along if you wouldn't mind so I know more on what phx pd does

Comment

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, currently I am in process with the PHX PD and was hoping to get a little insight.

BI interview: May 26
                        polygraph: June 8 (Pass)

waiting on Psych and Doctor Physical / Urine Test

I was told by my BI that I was still in "Process" playing the waiting game now lol really excited for the opportunity. Any advice for the wait time for Psych / Physical? I was told if everything goes smoothly I'm looking at August for the Academy but we're almost in mid July. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by ejra21 View Post
                          Hello,

I'm new to the forum, currently I am in process with the PHX PD and was hoping to get a little insight.

BI interview: May 26
                          polygraph: June 8 (Pass)

waiting on Psych and Doctor Physical / Urine Test

I was told by my BI that I was still in "Process" playing the waiting game now lol really excited for the opportunity. Any advice for the wait time for Psych / Physical? I was told if everything goes smoothly I'm looking at August for the Academy but we're almost in mid July. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
                          Answered this via a PM I received from the poster.

Comment

How does this department view credit when it comes to backgrounds. Mine is not horrible, but at the same time it is not great either.

Comment

They might run a credit report, so you need to be upfront with debts, etc
                              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7919 users online. 226 members and 7693 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X