X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonnyboy88
    Forum Member
    • May 2017

Background interview

Last edited by Jonnyboy88; 05-31-2017, 01:13 AM.
  • askiles
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2014

The only answer that can be given is "maybe...maybe not" It will all be up to your background investigator. I would think probably not though. That can be an honest mistake when recalling the past.

Comment

• BlueLinerAZ
      Lincoln Wax Sponsored
      • Feb 2017

All depends on what your idea of "update employment history" technically means... If you are filling in some massive holes/lapses in time there better be some golden reasons you can support why... If this is adding employers that you didn't because maybe the agency's packet only went back so far and now you're being asked to "we want all the way back to your first job of mowing lawns at 15" then no there ideally nothing wrong there.

Comment

• Jonnyboy88
        Forum Member
        • May 2017

Last edited by Jonnyboy88; 05-31-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
          Senior Veteran
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jonnyboy88

I was in a rush to get this packet turned in because I wanted to move on to the next step.
          Maybe the employer would look at that reason as being indicative of your work habits..............
          I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• Jonnyboy88
            Forum Member
            • May 2017

Dang well that sucks.

Comment

• askiles
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2014

Wow you failed to list 3 jobs?? I would say that is going to look suspicious. Maybe you will get lucky though??

Comment

• Jonnyboy88
                Forum Member
                • May 2017

Last edited by Jonnyboy88; 05-31-2017, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• BlueLinerAZ
                  Lincoln Wax Sponsored
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Jonnyboy88
                  There are 3 jobs I did not post. One when I was in high school and I quit after like 2-3 months and eventually they ended up closing down due to lack of business. Owner moved a way. Second job is when I worked at a car wash place for like 7-8 months and quit that. Third job I worked in corrections for 8 months in Kansas. Had to leave quit and come to AZ due to family emergency. 4th job I did list and I worked for DOC as an FTO. Joined the army national guard and still in (2 1/2 years in) and now working for department of emergency and military affairs going on 2 years. I fear that I messed up and won't be given a chance. Clean record and associate degree in criminal justice. Should I withdraw myself?
                  I'm just focusing on this here because you openly admit to leaving out 3 jobs... I wouldn't say you are in the realm of "auto DQ up and coming" but I will say you need to pony these up immediately w/ a very sincere apology. Quitting the 3 jobs isn't a big deal especially at the age you were in for 1 and 2, but the 3rd job in DOC does tie into a LEO/PD position and that needs deep explaining and just saying "family emergency" won't cut it. You need to tell the BGI what and the why right away.

And as Iowa said your rushing in this can be something on the table that is a negative. You rush this, who says you won't rush a report, a traffic stop, a call for service because maybe it is end of shift and you want to punch out on time? It is all something that can be related to something else.

And not to scare you here but you *could* get a DQ in AZ for the next 3 years w/ all agencies and here's how that *might* play out:

1. you turned in packet w/ lacking info
                  2. you admit to this, they understand but say "thank you but no thank you, no further attempts will be considered" or "thank you but not being considered, please apply again"
                  3. you apply w/ another agency and they ask on their form what other agencies you applied w/ and the outcomes... They will call to consult/inquire. If you list those 3 jobs on your present packet and they weren't on the current packet this lacking of info *could* be indicative of a concern and other agencies will see it as "falsely providing/failing to provide" type mentality.

While it isn't failing to list an employer worthy, friend of mine applied w/ MPD (said this story on the board here already) and he failed to list proper dates on the AZ POST packet and only remember "was around my 21st bday" so he picked dates he experimented w/ weed and coke all post 21st b day.. He gets DQ'd from MPD for this because of the dates despite "not being sure". He applies w/ Phx PD, gets ready for poly but they called MPD to inquire. Also on his Phx PD he felt he put down the correct dates" which several were right before his 21st, couple after. Due to the change in information being provided that DQ'd him w/ Phx and basically he's done for 3 years until inquiries w/ agencies fall off give/take.

Comment

• Jonnyboy88
                    Jonnyboy88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last edited by Jonnyboy88; 05-31-2017, 01:14 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20332 users online. 56 members and 20276 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...