300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNbelievable!

I can't believe no one has posted anything regarding Off Tigre(spl?) suicide as a result of his dismissal. Isn't anyone going to want some answers??????

I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

I HATE this chief...but I don't disagree with him about the firing. It would have set a precidence that I guarantee everyone would have exploited if put in a similar situation. This chief has fired more people in his short reign than any other and it is becoming routine to have PSB recommend suspension, he over rules fires, than guy gets job back through civil service. This isn't his first time either...I knew a guy got fired for DD...was one of the first officers on scene when Cortez got shot. After the scene it really bothered him, started drinking a lot and got popped for DD. It's a very sad thing But we all know the game.

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
        I can't believe no one has posted anything regarding Off Tigre(spl?) suicide as a result of his dismissal. Isn't anyone going to want some answers??????
        I'm from NY, not familiar with the incident. What can you tell us?

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
          I'm from NY, not familiar with the incident. What can you tell us?
          Long story short---- Officer gets involved in shooting about a year ago. Officer loses it, starts having problems & is diagnosed with PTSD. While getting professional help on his own he slips up, gets caught DUI while enroute to commit suicide. He gets caught by DPS (or MCSO) who then notifies the PD. Chief fires the guy who then commits suicide, leaving a note saying how he felt "let down" by everyone. Despite pleas from Union big-wigs & the Officer, the Chief maintains he did the right thing.
          Now I, like many have no problem with much of all this, except when you know the guy has problems, his whole world is wrapped up in the cop "thing" & he's getting help for his problems, WHY, when you know he's suicidal, would you add that "last straw" and fire him? Other guys with faaaaaar less severe problems have been put on light-duty even when their problems have manifested themselves in a more detrimental way to the dept.

Comment

In NYC you wont get fired for a DUI unless you injure or kill someone but you will be put on modified assignment( no guns) and will be mandated to some type of treatment. I believe this policy has saved many careers and some lives. RIP Officer Tiger.
            Last edited by BNWS; 11-22-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

And that's how it should be! Now his ex-wife & child have to deal with this while, I'm assuming, there'll be a lawsuit in the works........

Comment

Originally posted by AzLaw_E View Post
                I HATE this chief...but I don't disagree with him about the firing. It would have set a precidence that I guarantee everyone would have exploited if put in a similar situation. This chief has fired more people in his short reign than any other and it is becoming routine to have PSB recommend suspension, he over rules fires, than guy gets job back through civil service. This isn't his first time either...I knew a guy got fired for DD...was one of the first officers on scene when Cortez got shot. After the scene it really bothered him, started drinking a lot and got popped for DD. It's a very sad thing But we all know the game.
                And knowing "the game" is fine, but when you know your employee has a problem, is suicidal, WHY add the "last straw"? He could have just as easily crawled up onto a clock tower somewhere & started offing people. This was a case of plain 'ol indifference to a serious problem that needs to be addressed.......

Comment

feel bad for the family, RIP tiger
                  Last edited by WPD954; 11-23-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I hope the City does the right thing.. for the Dept. & Tiger's family........

Comment

Chief was right to fire. When he went off, killed someone, it's better that he's NOT a cop. But based on his history, Tigre should have been removed a long time ago when he started doing stupid things. Tough but true.

Seems you guys slipped over the part where he was going to kill himself, BEFORE he was fired for the DUI. The firing didn't cause the death. It was already planned out.

While this chief may be a jerk, it's HIS agency.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...police_chi.php

if you check out this link, click on the hyperlink in the article title "20 other complaints". Its a good summary of PLEA's issues with him. Honestly, the chief needs to be fired and shouldn't be in the position in the first place. Issues covered in the article include: lying to the union to get their approval when seking employment, using more sever and retiliatory punishment beyond what is covered in policy as well as circumventing the city's use of force board.
                        if I worked for Phoenix, I wouldn't be able to trust that guy. The suicide of the officer is just another incident that shows this chief's incompetance. The officer should have been put in a position like call back, records, communications, etc... while they dealt with his ptsd.
                        I, and this isa personal opinion, don't believe an officer should be fired for a simple misdemeanor that ddoesn't involve dishonesty, but that's a seperate discussion.
                        Last edited by judoka; 11-24-2014, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          Chief was right to fire. When he went off, killed someone, it's better that he's NOT a cop. But based on his history, Tigre should have been removed a long time ago when he started doing stupid things. Tough but true.

Seems you guys slipped over the part where he was going to kill himself, BEFORE he was fired for the DUI. The firing didn't cause the death. It was already planned out.

I didn't "slip over" anything. The fact he WAS going to kill himself. & I mentioned that in my narrative, is the exact reason why he Shouldn't have been fired, at least immediately. And I'm sorry--it's not "his" agency. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he work for the public in a CIVIL SERVICE agency and therefore work for us? As such he should've taken everything into consideration, including the "headline test" regarding this and as a supervisor have made sure Tiger was safe, & as secure as he could be. Instead he left a mentally ill (YES, MENTALLY ILL) person to go out & off himself. If an Officer did that, there's no doubt in my mind he'd be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Hemicop, this is why nobody posted up. Perhaps mr. CCCSD will have a different opinion when Garcia takes over his agency for his next job.

Comment

It's very easy to take a hard line until you step back & see the WHOLE picture. To me, there was no reason for such immediate action. Remember the "7th Ave Seven"? How'd THAT quick decision work out? Cost the City a fortune.........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5136 users online. 177 members and 4959 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X