300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCSO Deputy Sheriff

Anybody in the process with MCSO for the position of Deputy Sheriff? I've heard they are looking to hire approximately 50 deputies and spread them between two separate academy classes.

Any current/former deputies out there willing to share their opinions of working with MCSO in a sworn capacity? Pros and cons? PM me if you'd prefer.

Comment

I've talked to a ton a deputies and I've never really talked to anyone who was psyched about working for SO. Some old timers said if they could start over they would have lateraled elsewhere. I know back when everyone was hiring like crazy guys were getting their certs and immediately jumping ship...had a big problem with retention.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Is anybody else over thinking the physical or is it just me?

Comment

Just passed the physical today, I'm with Posse right now and would love to be hired on as a full time deputy. I like the deputies I work with from what I know there could be more academies coming next year.

Comment

I'm a city cop, but have buddies and family with mcso. I also went through mcso's academy. I wouldn't mind working for them. I think the only part that would suck is the political aspect. I would personally rather work for a city, they also pay better.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Did anyone apply this time around for MCSO Deputy Sheriff recruit? They just sent out emails today about scheduling the written testing. I am schedule for next Monday @ 8:30. Anyone else?

Comment

I'm from Chicago coming down march 13 for written and physical. Is it worth my time coming down to test? Are they actually hiring and are they just going to fill the academy with the reserve deputies?!? I work for a county up here and they treat us like garbage and the officers all look to stab each other in the back. Is mcso a good department?

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Last edited by AZHusker; 03-19-2015, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I would be curious as to the structure of the written test as well. It says it is 2 1/2 hours long.

Comment

I applied this go-round for the first time. I'm like AZHuusker and can't find anything about the written test. I'm taking the test Monday at 8:30am.

Comment

See you there Lacrosse34.

Comment

I talked to a buddy of mine from Gilbert pd and he asked around. The test is math reading and grammar, Kinda like mesas test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6208 users online. 342 members and 5866 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X