300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Police Department Hiring

Phoenix PD is opening up recruitment and application process on 8/22/2014 with the first written test scheduled for 09/18/14. First academy class scheduled to begin March 2015 with the goal of hiring 300 new officers over the next three years. Good luck to those applying

Nothing on their website yet... If it's true, it's been a long time coming...

Comment

it should post any day now. keep an eye on the website for the official announcement.

Comment

On orientation day, welcome to the jungle by guns and roses will be playing in the background.

Comment

Hell, it's about time.

Comment

any clue when the physical agility test might be scheduled?

Comment

The official announcement should come out today. I assume all the details will be posted on phx website

Comment

http://ktar.com/22/1757761/Phoenix-P...r-100-openings

Saw this on the news today

Comment

As per the http://ktar.com/22/1757761/Phoenix-P...r-100-openings link, I figured I'd qoute this poster's comment which should prove beneficial to any who is wanting to apply.

"300 over the next three years, means 100 every year. With 4 academies per year and 4 hiring periods thats 25 vacancies per hiring process. However, you must factor in the already active reserve officers wishing to apply. They will save money and pull from their reserve rankings to fill up the vacancies first. Then they will select only the most qualified candidates according to AZPOST standards as well as the department's standards. This means that even if you do meet the minimum standards for AZPOST you might not meet the department's as they will be set higher. Also, people please keep in mind that you will be competing up against other highly qualified applicants. Save yourself and the agency some time, if you had a misdemeanor arrest/conviction within these last three years, dont apply. If you dont have a associates degree or higher, dont bother applying. If you dont bring some law enforcement/military experience to the table then dont bother applying. Time is your best friend here wait things out ,keep your nose clean and you'll have a better chance of get hired."
                  USAFR
                  A1C
                  2A3x3
                  924th MXS

"A clean record doesn't equate to a clean cop and a bad record doesn't equate to a bad cop."

"Man is neither angel nor beast; and the misfortune is that he who would act the angel acts the beast."

-Matthew 5:9
                  sigpic

Comment

anyone going to the testing on friday?
                    I searched for "phoenix" in the AZ forum search section, and read some interesting info on the hiring process from WAAAAYYY back when Phoenix was still hiring recruits in 2008. I advise you guys do the same.

Comment

any other Phoenix recruits in the process get some "pressure" OR "suggestions" from officers/background investigators, etc, to vote "No" on Phoenix Proposition 487(pension reform)? Like, "tell your friends and family to vote no" "you should vote no on prop 487 because if it passes, it might hurt the city budget for hiring new officers"? If so, PM me.

Comment

Beat it liberty...IA ain't hiring

Comment

azlaw_e

lol

Comment

We cannot hire fast enough in my opinion. Anyone know how the first round of testing went?

Comment

Any new on the next testing cycle? Website says check back in November for testing and it is already December....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6462 users online. 347 members and 6115 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X