300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice would be appreciated

I haven't applied for a PD in a few years. In 2009-2010 I applied to more LE departments than I can count and struck out on all, both in and out of state. I've also struck out on local probation departments.

My impression is that I don't meet one of the AZ POST criteria: no more than 5 times over the age of 21 re: marijuana. I don't have an exact number but I would make an educated guess that the total is ~20 times, all in about an 8 week span about 9 years ago.

Would this be something that could be considered on a situational basis or am I just spinning my wheels by applying to any future departments in AZ?

Thanks and any criticism is welcome.

I haven't seen the az post requirement recently but if it says no more than 5 after 21 then you just answered your own question. Sorry brother but little to no room for negotiating on basic requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by BinAZ View Post
      I haven't applied for a PD in a few years. In 2009-2010 I applied to more LE departments than I can count and struck out on all, both in and out of state. I've also struck out on local probation departments.

My impression is that I don't meet one of the AZ POST criteria: no more than 5 times over the age of 21 re: marijuana. I don't have an exact number but I would make an educated guess that the total is ~20 times, all in about an 8 week span about 9 years ago.

Would this be something that could be considered on a situational basis or am I just spinning my wheels by applying to any future departments in AZ?

Thanks and any criticism is welcome.
      20 times is well beyond what most agencies would view as youthful experimentation.

And as a note- this very topic has been discussed before:
      http://forums.officer.com/t172544/
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

You'd be out of luck with my dept....as SgtJon stated that's way more then experimentation and you did that over the age of 21 so you knew what you were doing was wrong and illegal.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4986 users online. 323 members and 4663 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X