Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um... I don't see a problem here. It's not like she got thumped once she was taken to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
      Rumor has it PPD is looking at criminal prosecution. Not having seen the video I can't really comment but only add a retired PD authority I know,who's pretty much "pro-patrol" thought it was a bit much.
      Again ( not seeing it) if it was your daughter, how would you want the PD to intervene?
      I just watched on Fox10 that Phx PD is considering criminal charges against the officer. The girl was drunk, assaulted her teacher, beat up her mother, and threatened to kill an officer's family. They even had a retired PPD officer on Fox10 (Penzone) letting all of the viewers know the officer should have used a "lesser force." Nothing like selling out your own. But if memory serves me correctly, in DT classes, your suppose to always match or use greater force to stop the person. The officer took the girl down, could you imagine if he had tazed her?
      Last edited by Raggy; 05-05-2011, 08:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

And jeez, what's with the spokesman basically hanging the police officer to the media before an investigation? Why can't departments say "We're aware of the video, and it is being investigated. No comment until the investigation is complete".

The other sad thing is it was only an issue after a fellow officer found it on youtube and told his supervisor. You guys get along there at the PD? lol

Comment

She was also under the influence.....almost gumby like wouldn't ya say???
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Good take down in my opinion...also looked like the officer might have stumbled a bit right before he reached her and that might have added to it....looked like he had to catch himself on the wall to avoid falling over himself.

Comment

PPD activly encourages its officers to report or own up to other officers they feel are wrong. It's kinda weird in that these same officers will write reams of paper justifying THEIR behavior but will do just what was seen on TV which almost automatically condemn the officer in the public's eye almost negating any possibility of a fair assessment by Administration since in their "eyes" it's failed the "headline test"..

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
                PPD activly encourages its officers to report or own up to other officers they feel are wrong. It's kinda weird in that these same officers will write reams of paper justifying THEIR behavior but will do just what was seen on TV which almost automatically condemn the officer in the public's eye almost negating any possibility of a fair assessment by Administration since in their "eyes" it's failed the "headline test"..
                Damn... think I'd be looking for greener pastures.

Comment

I didn't see her bounce when she went down No bounce then not excessive
                  "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

I could not hear audio but it is clear she is jawing and refusing commands.

it's clear that there is no question that he could go hands on after she refused verbal and was just involved in assault. He has a single impact push that knocks her to the ground and results in no injuries. Article says she hit the wall. I didn't see that and think the width of the sidewalk appears smaller than it is. It looks like her elbow goes straight down. No boarding call here.

i guess they wanted it to "look" different? He could have taken control of her arm, tucked it and landed on her with his full body weight. It would have "looked" better as he rode her down but it would hurt a lot more.

to be honest, i would have been more concerned with how he stood her up after cuffing but even that was nothing. a single use hands-on technique that is taught to every officer is simply not excessive here. in addition, i would point out she is intoxicated and the exaggerated movements might be her own inability to maintain balance and coordination.
                    "Did that hurt? It looked like it hurt"

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                      Damn... think I'd be looking for greener pastures.
                      Not in THIS economy!
                      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by MikeFarnsworth View Post
                        I don't think any police academy teaches that, lol especially under that circumstances...
                        I am not expressing an opinion on the propriety of what the officer did, but a tactic or technique does not have to be taught in a police academy for it to be reasonable and appropriate.
                        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

In her present state of intoxication....and the way she was beating on her mother...my guess is if he walked up to her and put his hands on her...it would have been on! She would have clawed him and fought like drunken women do!
                          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                            No bounce then not excessive
                            Jeremy Morse knows all about "the bounce". IIRC, he was ultimately cleared in Inglewood.
                            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Soooo, whats the question???????? I watched a video that showed phoenix police officers at work doing their job......... Oh, I get it, this is a new recruitment video that just came out.......Awww sorry fellas, I was just wondering what the video was supposed to be showing........LOL......Gotta love cops that don't worry about political correctness and feelings.......... Nice one PHX PD.
                              Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - Matthew 5:9

Welcome to the greatest show on earth......

Comment

Originally posted by ACrowley View Post
                                Soooo, whats the question???????? I watched a video that showed phoenix police officers at work doing their job......... Oh, I get it, this is a new recruitment video that just came out.......Awww sorry fellas, I was just wondering what the video was supposed to be showing........LOL......Gotta love cops that don't worry about political correctness and feelings.......... Nice one PHX PD.
                                Mr Crowley, here in AZ, if a cop doesn't worry about PC and feelings, he/she will soon be looking for another job. On the news, Phx PD is talking about charging the officer criminally for this? It boggles the mind, that they will toss this officer under the boss, but yet they stood hard and fast behind a chief who was exposed by ABC15 news for cooking the books on kidnappings. On Friday, ABC15 showed another investigation, that Jack Harris, had signed off on a reality show to follow the kidnapping squad (H.I.K.E. I believe it's called). Doing this, knowing the stats were bloated. But to make it even better, the commander of the squad (a female LT), had signed a partenership with the production manager (owner) of the film company. Nobody in the city or PPD knew nothing about her dealings. Could you imagine if a patrol officer or detective filed false and bogus reports. Or if that same person, signed a side deal to allow a file crew file them while he/she was on the job w/out their PDs or city's blessing?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3826 users online. 247 members and 3579 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X