300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD officer slams girl to the ground

anyone know the story? that was an illegal block in the back. LOLhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOvncjLzPLo

Meh....I don't think any police academy teaches that, lol especially under that circumstances...

I think the cop will have a nice talk with the chief hehe

Comment

looked like it almost knocked that girl out.

Comment

its called an impact push and sometimes its not pretty. The story was posted on the azrepublic website.

She's a violent criminal at that point who was attempting to leave the scene. Maybe she'll think twice before beating her mom in broad daylight.

Comment

Is that wrong that I saw the thread and thought 'SO"
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

She was attempting to leave the scene. If you listen in the video, the cops yells something like, "stop or wait." She turns and keeps walking away. He's in full uniform with a fully marked police vehicle in close proximity, she been engaged in assaultive behavior in public, good arrest in my opinion. If your a police officer questioning his tactics, you need get out of sensitivity training mode or your gonna end up really hurt or dead. If your not a cop and have never had to deal with this situation, you shouldn't even comment, other than good job PPD. I mean if you don't like it, just ask yourself if you would like to walk outside your house/apartment and see that BS (people fighting in public) going on?

Comment

youtube just took it down but I watched it few times.

When making an arrest with anyone who is not being compliant you must take them to the ground and cuff them on the ground where you have more control over them. You can hear him tell her to stop and as he runs towards her she slows and turns towards him. I think his momentum was still moving forward and made them collide a bit more aggressively than intended. Either way, I don't see a problem with it. Next time don't fight with your mom and ignore the police. You will get taken down...

On a side note: Mom did a decent job of maintaining side control, should have taken the back when she came to her knees...

Comment

He orders her to stop as he's following her. You'll notice she was reaching towards her bra when she turned and looked at him. Consciously disregarding his order to stop and possibly trying to access a weapon in her shirt, the officer had to close distance and shove her from behind to knock her off-balance effectively removing her ability to mount any offensive posture and/or employ any weapon she may have had hidden on her person.

It appears she may have been knocked silly for a bit. The officer can't control every possible outcome when performing an impact push or distracting strike.

Meh...sucks to be her. Notice she or mom never complained about it, either.

Effing busybodies.
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Aka Boooyah!

Good take down!

She was clearly swinging at her mother prior to walking away. People don't realize the manner in which you stop someone doesn't always look pretty. Oh well! I like the pain compliance holds that hurts like sheeot but John Q doesn't realize it because it's so suttle. Is his dept throwing him under the bus? As long as he covered it in the narrative all should be well.
                  Last edited by deputy x 2; 05-05-2011, 04:01 PM.
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I'm involved in my dept's explorer program and recently had an explorer do their first ride along. Use of force topics came up during the shift, of course. I explained to my explorer that police use of force is similar to a baby being born. The explorer looked at me like I'd lost my mind.

I explained that child birth is romanticized and turned into something sterilized, it's what people want to think of and remember. But in reality, child birth is messy, painful, violent even. Just like proper application police use of force can be.

I saw a light go on in my scouts head as she realized that.

Comment

Rumor has it PPD is looking at criminal prosecution. Not having seen the video I can't really comment but only add a retired PD authority I know,who's pretty much "pro-patrol" thought it was a bit much.
                      Again ( not seeing it) if it was your daughter, how would you want the PD to intervene?

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
                        Again ( not seeing it) if it was your daughter, how would you want the PD to intervene?
                        Not a good question, actually. Tons of suspect families talk about how the suspect would never have done X, Y and Z, but police used force anyway.

Having a daughter myself, I don't want anyone to lay a hand on her. However, if she's involved in criminal behavior and the officer can articulate why he did what he did to control her - lesson learned (hopefully) by her and I'm good with it.
                        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Typical Phx Admin to throw the guy under the bus before the investigation is even complete. Just like Crisman.

Lawful order to halt by Peace Officer in full uniform. Subject had comitted a violent crime and refused to comply with said order. Looks like lawful use of force to me. Goodluck brother!

Comment

^^^

Hopefully a new Chief will change that.
                            NRA Life Member

Comment

Having a daughter myself, I don't want anyone to lay a hand on her. However, if she's involved in criminal behavior and the officer can articulate why he did what he did to control her - lesson learned (hopefully) by her and I'm good with it.[/QUOTE]

WEll, most REASONABLE people feel that way, but PPD will throw this guy under the bus, then brag how they "solved" a problem. The problem as I see it is one of Administration, not service as most officers act reasonably once evrything is brought to light. PPD Management is notorious for risking officer safety at the price of obtaining good PR & some of the latest stuff proves it. Historically we never had a Chief from out of town so there's no reason to suspect we'll get one now. The end result of this is that you'll simply get more of the same second-guessing & "guilty until proven innocent" type management & THAT coupled with non-hiring & budget cuts will only produce a less safe PD & even less safe City----just my .02

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4511 users online. 276 members and 4235 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X