300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about AZ

Hello I am a recent criminal justice graduate from Minnesota. Right now in Minnesota getting a police job is very difficult. Minnesota has about 300 - 400 people applying for every police job and the agencies are only hiring 1 officer out of the 400 who applied. I was curious what it's like in Arizona for hiring right now, because I am considering looking out of state at this point.

Originally posted by StillSchooling View Post
    Hello I am a recent criminal justice graduate from Minnesota. Right now in Minnesota getting a police job is very difficult. Minnesota has about 300 - 400 people applying for every police job and the agencies are only hiring 1 officer out of the 400 who applied. I was curious what it's like in Arizona for hiring right now, because I am considering looking out of state at this point.
    Well, if you scroll down the Arizona page you'll notice quite a few announcements. Unfortunately most have passed, but this is the most I've seen in a while.

Comment

Yeah, several places have been testing recently but most are closed now. Also many are for less than 10 spots and have 500/800+ apply. MCSO was hiring for DO and they said something like 1500 applied?? Tucson was hiring and had around 50 openings for 225 testers, that was the best I've seen in a long time.

Might look at Texas though, they seem to have alot of places hiring and I hear the odds are better, but I personally don't want to test out of state because of cost.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
      (")_(")
      Copy and paste Bunny into your
      signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Anyone know anything about the PD's on the west side? How are Surprise, Goodyear, Avondale?

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
          Yeah, several places have been testing recently but most are closed now...Tucson was hiring and had around 50 openings for 225 testers, that was the best I've seen in a long time.
          ....and about half of those 50 didn't make it past backgrounds.

They are testing again on Saturday to fill the remaining positions. 345 have been invited...

Comment

It was 50 openings, 58 made the list.
            Very sad on the BGs. I can only wonder what DQ'd them and if they knew in advance that their BGs were would DQ them why bother?
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Since the hiring freezes went into effect in 2007-2008 many agencies that begin hiring first will get to be very particular in their BGs and hiring choices. Consider how large the hiring pool is right now compared to 2005-2006. With limited hiring, all applicants really need to have their ducks in a row and their skeletons well taken care of in order to be competitive right now. I do BG's and I have seen angels and trainwrecks but for now agencies will really only want angels. My last was for a reserve and I knew it was going no where.
              Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

Exactly the same here. Last AZ city I applied for had only a few open spots for 500+ applicants. State of the economy. Good luck to you

Comment

What I wonder about, having been to many tests in the past months is how many people really want to a police officer. Just look at some of the other threads, I wasn't there but from the sounds of it Scottsdale had a tester cheat on their 1.5 mile. From what I've seen, I'd have to say that around 10-15% are just looking for a job which makes it all the harder for those who really want to be police officers.
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
                    What I wonder about, having been to many tests in the past months is how many people really want to a police officer. Just look at some of the other threads, I wasn't there but from the sounds of it Scottsdale had a tester cheat on their 1.5 mile. From what I've seen, I'd have to say that around 10-15% are just looking for a job which makes it all the harder for those who really want to be police officers.
                    I'm not sure how AZ works but some states if you're collecting unemployment you have to put applications in wherever the employment departments tells you has openings or your lose your benefits. That could be why you see people who just want a job showing up. They just want to keep the gravy train moving along as long as they can.
                    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
                    shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
                    - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
                      I'm not sure how AZ works but some states if you're collecting unemployment you have to put applications in wherever the employment departments tells you has openings or your lose your benefits. That could be why you see people who just want a job showing up. They just want to keep the gravy train moving along as long as they can.
                      In AZ, from what I've seen of people walking into were I work, they just have to apply somewere and show they making an effort. Although coming in with with jeans and an unwashed tank-top doesn't do them much...
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4690 users online. 235 members and 4455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X