300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler PD

Is putting a list together. Just got an email from the testing center for them.
    Sworn - 9/16/11

http://chandlerpd.com/events/?event_id=18

Here's the link, forgot it last night.
    Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

I heard they have 9 open spots
      AZ POST CERTIFIED JULY 2010

Comment

I will definetly be putting a lateral app in them . I think they are the best agency in the valley

Comment

Scheduled my written and PT for April, 14th. Would of done written on April 7th, but leaving that weekend open for Tempe.

Comment

Originally posted by kd13 View Post
            I heard they have 9 open spots
            No clue at all. When I did the process in August they said up to 12. They did 6, lost 1 in the academy and then me and one other for the May academy. So we shall see.
            Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

Originally posted by Fugitive Hunter View Post
              I will definetly be putting a lateral app in them . I think they are the best agency in the valley
              how so? I'm not being facetious at all, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by goodfella View Post
                how so? I'm not being facetious at all, just curious.
                Probably just personal opinion. Some people have good experiences with some agencies and some bad with others. For instance, though Gilbert can be a bunch of a-holes from what is said on here. I've had a couple of really good experiences with them. My sister is also close to 2-3 Gilbert Officers as well.
                Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

As you'll find out, individual experiences with a few officers are not always indicative of the department as a whole - good OR bad.
                  NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

FYI - Chandler uses some National Testing Network company for the written and physical agility exam. Its a $45.00 testing fee.

Comment

Anyone heard anything back from Chandler yet about when the process will start?

Comment

I used my mad investigative skills to find this:

http://chandlerpd.com/events/?event_id=18

The City of Chandler Human Resources Department will begin accepting online applications for Police Officer Recruit and Lateral Police Officer on Monday April 11, 2011. The deadline to apply is Friday April 22, 2011. This recruitment is to establish an eligibility list for current and future openings.

Once the online application has been submitted, all applicants will need to register with the National Testing Network to schedule the written and physical agility test. There is a $45 fee to take this test. Testing will begin on Monday May 2, 2011. The deadline to take the written and physical agility test is Friday May 20, 2011. Applicants will need to pass all three parts of the written test (video, grammar, and report writing) and physical agility test (1.5 mile run, push-ups, and sit ups) in order to be eligible to proceed in the selection process. Applicants who pass the written and physical agility test will be contacted and scheduled for an oral board. Oral boards will begin June 6, 2011. Applicants are encouraged to register as early as possible to guarantee a slot in the testing schedule. The National Testing Network is located at the Arizona Testing Center at 4840 S. 33rd Street Phoenix, Arizona 85040. For questions and scheduling times please call (866) 563-3882.

Seriously - the way I understand it is- you apply, you test with NTN, and then you will hear something back after passing the above testing for an interview. As last testing is May 20th, I would expect no communication until after that time.

And to go the extra service-oriented step for you, here is NTN's link:
                        http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com/
                        "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" ~Albert Einstein

Comment

You do the testing. Then if you pass it all, they contact you and set it up. Took about 2 weeks for them to set up oral boards with me.
                          Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

Thanks! Haven't seen it done this way with any other city. Should be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Minnow33 View Post
                              Thanks! Haven't seen it done this way with any other city. Should be interesting...
                              Yeah, depending on how many applicants they get it can be a long process. I started at the beginning of August and will start the Academy in May.

BTW, saw you are asking lots of questions on who to apply with and what not. Apply with them ALL. I think Chandler was my 10th PD I applied for, 7 instate and 3 out of state. In the Valley, Chandler is where I wanted to go but I wasn't going to stop applying until I got in somewhere. The competition is extremely high every where and most departments are hiring just to keep numbers, so less than 10 positions per positing is what I am seeing. But applying and getting to the boards makes you that much better. I know of 2 places that I bombed at the oral boards. But, just keep going and if this is something you want to do for your career, you will make it somewhere.

Also, a benefit of the NTN is that if you are looking out of state as well, their testing works for various departments as well. I see mostly WA department hirings right now through NTN. I think the only thing extra you would have to do is the 300 yard run.

Side note, the written portion of the NTN is the exact same at Gilbert and I mean exact. I didn't make it past Gilbert's written but did so with Chandler. From what I hear, Gilbert scores their answers a little differently than Chandler.
                              Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6449 users online. 372 members and 6077 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X