300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley Protective?

I'm curious if anyone here has ever worked for Valley Protective. I am possibly transferring to ASU next year and I am interested in staying in the security field while I also look for an LEO position in the area. Any opinions? I read several complaints from former employees online but it is typical for any employer to have some disgruntled employees.

Otherwise are A couple of years ago I worked for TEAM Security when I lived in AZ before, but they seemed to be a pretty mickey mouse operation and don't really want to make scratch. I am first responder and EMT-B certified too if anyone has any better suggestions than contract security for a stop-gap job.

Thanks in advance!

Rofl...don't even get me started

You'd have better luck staying as an emt, u make more money and it looks WAY better on a resume then valley protective services...trust me.

Comment

i agree.....im sure some decent people work for VPS, but they are generally worthless IMO and have a horrible reputation with most LEO i know....

Comment

PMT Ambulance tells me they are always looking for EMT-Bs. Not sure how true it is, though. Rural/Metro Southwest Ambulance hires EMT-Bs often.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
        (")_(")
        Copy and paste Bunny into your
        signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

I wouldn't even know where to begin if I was going to try complaining about VPS. So many horrible experiences. DON'T DO IT!!

Not to mention I don't know one officer that has ever worked for them, yet most of them want to be officers. They don't seem to have a very good success rate in terms of getting hired by PD

Comment

Looks like they don't have a website??? At least not one I could find real easy, that should be a red-flag alone in this day and age.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
            (")_(")
            Copy and paste Bunny into your
            signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Originally posted by sublimejhn View Post
              I wouldn't even know where to begin if I was going to try complaining about VPS. So many horrible experiences. DON'T DO IT!!

Not to mention I don't know one officer that has ever worked for them, yet most of them want to be officers. They don't seem to have a very good success rate in terms of getting hired by PD
              Every time I've had the misfortune of talking to one of them they all tell me they're in the process....they also now have plain clothes UC security guards that work at the circle K's ... ran into one just the other day.

Comment

get hired as an EMT for an ambulance service. Definitely more exciting than security work in my opinion. Not to mention a better working environment than a secuirty gig. Looks better on a resume, and you will actually make working connections with LEO's.

Comment

Stay away from VPS. When I first moved to here I got hired by them and they do talk a good game, but in the end they are a bunch of idiots (I'm sure there are some good guys). I worked there for about a week before leaving. Those guys are going to get someone hurt and they are a pain in the a$s to deal with. If you can get hired as an EMT do that, much better.

Comment

I swear im going to arrest one of these guys one day....they violate everyones rights and OC people that refuse to leave a store....that really happened....

If anyone can answer this for me....why do they all wear hosters but not have guns...just empty holsters?

Comment

the most annoying security guards i've ever contacted. i couldnt tell u how many times i've stopped homeless looking people near cirlce k's to then be "badged" and its an undercover vps guy.

Comment

about 95% of those moron's can't pass the hand gun class ...awful damn funny my oldman carried a weapon on and off duty ...he worked his way up from armed security to FT deputy and retired as a under sheriff with 28 yrs of LE back ground ...

Comment

If you have experience with EMT work (think it requires a year) check into the hospitals for work as an ER Tech. Friend of mine's husband was laid off from an east valley ambulance company and he's now in Chicago looking for work while she finishes her self-sponsored police academy. Times are tough, but it seems like the hospitals are always advertising for those tech positions.
                          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Thank you all for your advice. Are there any security companies (armed or unarmed) worth a look if I cannot find an EMT or ER Tech job? By the time I move there, I will have my Minnesota POST eligibility (hopefully) so I don't know if that will have any weight or not as a plus on my resume.

Comment

www.indeed.com will get you started.
                              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5112 users online. 310 members and 4802 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X