300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Phoenix Reserves

I received a "do not meet the hiring standards" letter from the Phoenix Police reserves. I don't suppose if anyone knows if there's a way to figure out why? I'm not perfect, but I thought I had a damn clean background. I did not receive an interview so it was all application related. I'd really like to know the reasoning so I can work on improving that if at all in my power to do so. There's no contact information on the letter, so I'm thinking I'm not meant to know. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Last edited by wishbone; 03-25-2011, 12:24 AM.

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
    I received a "do not meet the hiring standards" letter from the Phoenix Police reserves. I don't suppose if anyone knows if there's a way to figure out why? I'm not perfect, but I thought I had a damn clean background. I did not receive an interview so it was all application related. I'd really like to know the reasoning so I can work on improving that if at all in my power to do so. There's no contact information on the letter, so I'm thinking I'm not meant to know. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Why don't you use the contact information from the Reserves website?
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Sonoran Desert? Is that Maricopa County (I always think Tucson when I see Sonoran Desert)? If you don't meet the Maricopa Community College resident requirement, I don't think you can go through the academy as a Phoenix Police reserve. That's what I recall, anyway.
      "Did that hurt? It looked like it hurt"

Comment

Tough to say; from your description the letter sounds fairly cryptic. The big usual disqualifiers are drug use, credit issues, excessive speeding/traffic and or criminal history. If your background is free of those problems, then I would get in touch with this guy:

Sergeant Josh Clark
        Operations Sergeant
        (602) 534-9201
        [email protected]

Comment

I located my background investigator and left a message. I also felt that the letter was unusually cryptic and thought it was strange to not even get a interview. Hopefully I'll have my answer soon. Thank you for responding.

Comment

If your background is clean, & you live in Maricopa County you SHOULD be good. That being said, I do know of guys that were "investigative leads" in crimes or had criminal traffic violations that DQ'd them. These are things that most people don't think of & most PDs will inquire about. Phx PD is a little "different" about that which is why it's so hard to get in.........

Comment

I'm getting some questions about this so I thought I'd post up a follow-up. When applying you specifically sign something that says they (the Police Department) can't tell you why you aren't accepted. From what I'm told this is standard procedure in order to insure that people do not deliberately leave information out if someone starts making a list of things that might disqualify them. I apologize that I can't be more help to those of you who are applying. Just be honest on your application and hope for the best. If people still have questions feel free to PM me.

Comment

Never heard of that! IMO, someone doesn't have the stones to be hoonest with you & trusts you won't look back at your paperwork to see if they're telling you the truth.
                Look at it this way-they can talk amongst themselves about why not to hire you, but can't/ won't tell the applicant? That doesn't seem fair & as I recall wasn't the case when I applied or when a friend did (& got turned down).....

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
                  Never heard of that! IMO, someone doesn't have the stones to be hoonest with you & trusts you won't look back at your paperwork to see if they're telling you the truth.
                  Look at it this way-they can talk amongst themselves about why not to hire you, but can't/ won't tell the applicant? That doesn't seem fair & as I recall wasn't the case when I applied or when a friend did (& got turned down).....
                  It's all very odd to me as well, but the BI was correct I did sign something specific for PPD that said they CANNOT release the information to me. Not that they won't, but they can't. It also says they can and will share information between departments as necessary. I can post the text later if people are interested. Other applications I've seen do not have this on them, but PPD does. With that said I certainly haven't seen the background application for every department in Arizona.

I also do not believe it is fair, but I'm not sure there's much I can do about it. I'm certainly open to suggestions. =)
                  Last edited by wishbone; 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

i wouldn't stress to much. Almost every agencie in az has reserves. The two best in my opinion are phoenix and mcso as they can have some of biggest areas to patrol and most off duty jobs.

Comment

Wishbone, you got "boned". That PPD can says they can & will share info with other agencies is "Dept-speak" for "we'll let others know what we think" & can cut applicants off at the knees-----------------good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4616 users online. 217 members and 4399 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X