Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottsdale is putting an eligibility list together

http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/HR/jobs
    The City of Scottsdale Police Department is currently seeking recruits, laterals and waivers to establish an eligibility list for future vacancies. There are currently no vacant positions.

The Police Officer Recruits is an entry-level position prior to becoming a certified Police Officer. Participates in formal, structured training at a police academy as well as customized departmental training classes and a field training program arranged by in-service trainers.

The Police officer patrols designated areas of the City of protect life and property, to prevent and deter crime, enforce laws, respond to citizen requests for assistance and perform investigations.

Applicant eligibility for the waiver (out of state certified peace officers) program will be determined during the background process. An applicant whose career spanned a variety of special assignments must have successfully completed field training and probation and operating as a fully functional peace officer. Correctional officers and law enforcement administrators, whose career ladder did not include the above, do not qualify for the waiver program.

Selection Process

Applicants whose experience and skills most closely meet the needs of this position may be invited to participate in a testing and/or interview process. Final selection is contingent upon a background check, polygraph, psychological evaluation, and pre-employment drug and alcohol test. Determined by position, final selection may also be contingent upon a pre-employment medical examination. The time frame for reapplication with the Police Department varies based on the position and the needs of the organization. For information on eligibility, please contact the Police Personnel Unit at [email protected] Human Resources reserves the right to change this process.

Makes you wonder if they planning on having openings soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

dont waste your time, 500+ at test last time... they might have sent a couple to academy. Then got to the laterals and certified and went into hiring freeze.
      AZ POST CERTIFIED JULY 2010

Comment

Originally posted by kd13 View Post
        dont waste your time, 500+ at test last time... they might have sent a couple to academy. Then got to the laterals and certified and went into hiring freeze.
        It's like that in most places any more. MCSO had over 1500 for 50 openings. TPD had 500 or so for 25-50 openings (granted they only let 225 test).

My view is if I can make the test date work it's not going to hurt me, whats one more "no thanks" among the many I've already got.
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

I got my invitation today for Saturday April 30th at 6:00 a.m.

The e-mail also states the following:
          Reminder: This test is to establish an eligibility list. There are currently no vacancies.
          For most it may not be worth their time, but I'll be there.

Comment

took 8 hours to do PT and written test . I dont think Its worth the time.

Comment

really? Are you going to be really busy that morning???

If being an LEO is what you want to do as a career what do you have to lose??? one morning...what if you got it?

i'm not judging, i just thought that is funny...i had a totally different mindset when i was applying

Comment

Originally posted by AzLaw_E View Post
                really? Are you going to be really busy that morning???

If being an LEO is what you want to do as a career what do you have to lose??? one morning...what if you got it?

i'm not judging, i just thought that is funny...i had a totally different mindset when i was applying
                I'll lose my whole day for the chance, if thats what it takes. I spent nearly 12 hours at Tucson, and I'd do it again (only I pack some snack if I knew it was 12 hours).
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

I understand your point of view, all I'm saying is that Scottsdale wasted a lot of peoples time for nothing. I got an oral board for the last testing, due to schedule conflict I could not go.

3 others that I went to academy with did go to oral board and were asked for the 50 page background packet. For some reason scottsdale decided that processing "Recruits" first was the best thing to do, then laterals and then the people who did the self sponsored academy. 2-3 months after the test, the city went on hiring freeze.

Just sucks that laterals and AZ POST Certified people are not getting put head of people that have ZERO experience.
                  They want to spend the time and money on sending someone to the academy when someone that is certified is ready to go and could be in a car within 2-4 weeks.

Trust me I want the career, I have spent a lot of time on testing and scottsdale just left me with a bad taste i guess.

Comment

I do the same, spent 13 hours in payson, i just had my experience with them and dont think I would like to go back.

Hate to say but I think HR does testing to justify their jobs.

Comment

I flew out from NH in '09 to test for Scottsdale. Maybe it's better that you don't spend a whole eight hours testing (c'mon, a day? really?)...but if you really want it, keep trying. It took me two years to get hired full time...gotta keep at it!

Just sucks that laterals and AZ POST Certified people are not getting put head of people that have ZERO experience.
                      They want to spend the time and money on sending someone to the academy when someone that is certified is ready to go and could be in a car within 2-4 weeks.
                      Definitely have to agree with you there.
                      Last edited by JLee; 04-08-2011, 07:50 AM.
                      summer - winter - work

Comment

Agencies like Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, do not like laterals, they want to groom there own 21 yr olds with no life experience, kind of like a master race.

Chandler, Goodyear are really the only lateral friendly agencies in the valley.

Comment

Its not that the 8 hours is important to me, I have all the time in the world. I' am 9 months into my hunt for a job. Will never stop trying, will happen someday.

Thinking about going into MCSO Reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Fugitive Hunter View Post
                            Agencies like Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, do not like laterals, they want to groom there own 21 yr olds with no life experience, kind of like a master race.

Chandler, Goodyear are really the only lateral friendly agencies in the valley.
                            That's why MESA is going to hire laterals only this time around. YOU FAIL
                            Gilbert is also looking for certified officers too.

Comment

The very few officers I know that were certified by a community college, spent some time as a reserve to get some experience. As you said in your post, you stress ZERO experience, that goes for you too, you have ZERO experience. What you learn at the academy and what you learn on the streets is not exaclty the same and if you think you are ready to ride solo after 2-4 weeks, you must be super cop. Be careful calling out those with ZERO experience, when you yourself really have no experience, I have 11 years experience and never look down on anyone w/o any sort of experience. I commend anyone trying to get into this profession experience or not. Until you have spent time on the streets, academy does not count as experience. Academy helps give you the tools and knowledge so you don't fall flat on your face. Clearing a fake house using sims, and clearing a real POS drug house in Cashon or Jerry Springer east mesa are nowhere near the same.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7087 users online. 363 members and 6724 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X