X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALEA Officer shoots himself.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/O...-69583212.html
    AZ POST CERTIFIED JULY 2010

I heard about this today... glad no one was seriously injured... well, physically! That detective will never live it down!

Comment

Dumb @$$..........

Comment

...it was an "Instructor"...not a recruit".

Comment

It doesn't matter who's handling a glock. Those things have no safetys and are therefore always ready to fire. It happens all the time with those guns.

Comment

Originally posted by chubadagawa View Post
            It doesn't matter who's handling a glock. Those things have no safetys and are therefore always ready to fire. It happens all the time with those guns.
            They have no external safety. To say they have no safeties at all is incorrect.
            summer - winter - work

Comment

Well, it was not an instructor, not a detective, and not a recruit. Just an officer doing some squad level training. He was working with an unfamiliar holster. A holster that requires the trigger finger to do something other than press the trigger. You figure it out.

Accidents happen. At least no one was seriously injured. A bruised ego will heal.

Comment

^^^

Sounds like a Serpa holster.
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by JLee View Post
                  They have no external safety. To say they have no safeties at all is incorrect.
                  Mine as well be no safety at all, just there to prevent a finger slip on the trigger. Plaxico Burress had to find out the hard way with his .40

Comment

Originally posted by maybelle View Post
                    Well, it was not an instructor, not a detective, and not a recruit. Just an officer doing some squad level training. He was working with an unfamiliar holster. A holster that requires the trigger finger to do something other than press the trigger. You figure it out.

Accidents happen. At least no one was seriously injured. A bruised ego will heal.
                    ??? none of the holsters require your finger to do anything while putting the gun back in the holster. Pulling the gun out of those, your finger ends up straight along the frame (not on the trigger).

So is this an issue that is likely to start occurring more, as more people start using that type of holster? Or, more of a negligent discharge due to lack of familiarity with the equipment and the person simply letting his finger get where his finger didn't belong.

Comment

[QUOTE=LetsGo;2070070]??? none of the holsters require your finger to do anything while putting the gun back in the holster. Pulling the gun out of those, your finger ends up straight along the frame (not on the trigger).

True. As well, I find it interesting that the officer was able to discharge the weapon "while the weapon was holstered during training." All Serpa holsters, not to mention many other types of holsters, make it impossible to place a finger on the trigger of a weapon when the weapon is holstered, which is what somehow happened to this officer according to the news report.

It will be equally interesting to hear the full scope of events and, more to the point, how the officer was able to pull the trigger of their weapon while it was holstered.
                      sigpicTwo is one,
                      one is none.

Comment

Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                        True. As well, I find it interesting that the officer was able to discharge the weapon "while the weapon was holstered during training." All Serpa holsters, not to mention many other types of holsters, make it impossible to place a finger on the trigger of a weapon when the weapon is holstered, which is what somehow happened to this officer according to the news report.

It will be equally interesting to hear the full scope of events and, more to the point, how the officer was able to pull the trigger of their weapon while it was holstered.
                        Well, there is part of the problem. Misinformation. The gun was not holstered. The officer had drawn the gun out of the holster. In fact, the bullet passed thru the leather-like skin on the outside of the holster, on the left of the slide area.

Comment

Originally posted by chubadagawa View Post
                          Ummm Negative... They are double actioned semi auto loaders... errr works just like a Double action Revoler, I.E., tha' S&W mod. 15 combat masterpiece...

Very safe, if used as prescribed...
                          Originally posted by mookster
                          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                          Originally posted by CityCopDC
                          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by maybelle View Post
                            Well, there is part of the problem. Misinformation. The gun was not holstered. The officer had drawn the gun out of the holster. In fact, the bullet passed thru the leather-like skin on the outside of the holster, on the left of the slide area.
                            From the article itself:

"Phoenix police Detective James Holmes said an officer unintentionally discharged his firearm while the weapon was holstered during training, grazing his ankle."
                            sigpicTwo is one,
                            one is none.

Comment

And we know the news is always right...
                              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3151 users online. 172 members and 2979 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X