300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZboy View Post
    Just got back from the physical. It is the fitness test only. Written tests will be administered in three sessions on Monday November 30th. They will extend the written through Tuesday December 1st if needed. Good luck to all.

FYI... the group I was in had about 40-50 people in it. After the test there were about 25 that passed.

That's pretty consistent with statewide testing. About a 50% pass rate. In fact,it may be a little better than normal.

Comment

I will be testing with them Dec. 1st from out of state. I was not able to printout what we are suppose to bring with us. Can someone fill me in on what we need to bring besides ID? Thank you!

Comment

i tested today at noon, i really liked the way it was ran, very to the point no BS and get your work done and go home. The test instructors were very on top of things. SVRIC as far as things to know before u test, id say fill your form, both sides, they make that clear haha, anyways just get ready to go right away, the whole test lasted maybe 35 mins?? there were alot of people there for a noon test on a monday.
        **Mesa PD**
        In Background

**CGCC Academy**
        Enrolled

Comment

Anyone know what that written consist of? Where can I get a study guide? Alsom what were people failing on? I wonder why the out of staters are doing the written first, then the physical.
          Last edited by Yea_Buddy; 11-17-2009, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Sorry for not replying right away guys. Right after my last post I changed my email address and had to wait for a mod to re-activate my account so I wasn't able to post.

phcatcher: I don't know the scores of everyone. The best I heard was 63 pushups, 59 situps, and 10:17 on the run. Not from the same person though.

SVRIC: Listen to what they say to do. They will demonstrated the test exercises and then walk around the group watching for cheaters. Don't lie about your results. Also dress for the weather, he hardest part for me was that lovely burning sensation in the lungs from the cold air.

DLEE714: for the physical you just need your drivers license, military ID, or any state/federal issued pictured ID. For the written you need the background packet and Drivers license or passport if you don't have a license. Interview requires birth certificate, sealed high school transcripts, if applicable college transcripts sealed, copy of SS card, copy of naturalization paperwork (if applicable), copy of DD214 (if applicable), and copy of drivers license or passport.

Yea_Buddy: The written is 100 basic knowledge questions. Must achieve a 70% or better to pass. There is no study guide. 95% of the folks in my group failed the sit-ups. Out-of-staters are doing the written first to stay in unison with us local guys. Our written tests also begin Dec. 30th.

Hope that answers the questions you guys had.

Comment

Were the push ups muscle failure or as many as you can in 1 minute?
              Guns kill people, like spoons make people fat!

Mesa PD
              Passed Written
              Passed Physical
              Passed Oral
              Background Interview Complete
              Polygraph-Passed
              Written Communication Test- 2 Feb

Comment

1 min.....again...wierd
                **Mesa PD**
                In Background

**CGCC Academy**
                Enrolled

Comment

1 minute limit is also how Marana conducted the test for pushups and situps....works for me...weeds out the less able(not meaning to sound like a *****, but I'm all for better odds!)
                  Lets keep it simple!

Comment

Are the sit ups hands laced behind the head or arms folded across the chest?

Comment

They have to remain laced, you cant even cup your ears.
                      You broke the law, now the law breaks you.

Comment

I am also heading down the 30th for my test on Dec 1st. I didn't see a study guide on the website but I bought a "Police Officer Testing" book from borders when I started testing and it has helped me get through all the tests I have taken to this point.

Comment

I agree yournicked....I think the physical should be even harder....but it is what it is...
                          Guns kill people, like spoons make people fat!

Mesa PD
                          Passed Written
                          Passed Physical
                          Passed Oral
                          Background Interview Complete
                          Polygraph-Passed
                          Written Communication Test- 2 Feb

Comment

For Santa Monica we had to do pull ups as well! Can you believe the qualifying time in SM California is 17 minutes. Anyway, Mesa's mile and a half i think was urm, longer than a mile and a a half! Anyone else think it was long? I still did a 10:14 which i wasn't happy with, 40 push ups and 50 sit ups, lets hope I don't cock up the written like i did with Casa Grande!
                            Lets keep it simple!

Comment

If it was longer than I ran a heck of a lot faster, my time dropped from 9:27 to 9:20, haha.
                              You broke the law, now the law breaks you.

Comment

D rat, I'd love to get to run against you one of these times in the near future, I think having you as a pace man would drop my time quite alot.....shame we were opposites in Marana, would have been a good test!
                                Lets keep it simple!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 339 members and 5068 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X