300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGo View Post
    Well start doing your max push ups sit ups and running your @$$ off :-)

You'd probably do well to be shooting for 90-99% Cooper on the push and sit and at least 70-75% on the run. It doesn't seem likely that "passing" will do.

Good luck!
    I'm going to be honest. I did roughly 40 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, and the 1.5 mile run in 13:00-14:00 minutes each time I tested (much better now... sub 12:00 coming soon). Not stellar by any means, but my test scores were always among the highest and I blew essays, report writing, and the oral board out of the water. I tested with three agencies and made it very far in the process with each. Two were prepared to hire me (and one did), and I was DQ'ed by the third because of a mistake on my part.

Men tend to put more emphasis on strength, but you can always make someone stronger. You can't really make anyone smarter or change their personality... Just sayin... If your physical scores aren't the greatest don't be discouraged. Keep working and nail the rest of the process, you may surprise yourself.

Comment

That's classic Sailor. I triple checked my stuff before submitting it. I didn't want to be the one(s) who missed out for something so stupid. Sounds like I am right around the same fitness level as you said you were. I won't let it discourage me though. I'll just do my damn best and see where it takes me.

Comment

I'll be down there on Nov. 30th and Dec. 1st. Anyone know what the written consist of?

Comment

Originally posted by Sailorsally View Post
          I was doing some work while a background investigator was going through some applications when I heard him chuckle. When asked what was so funny he said that an applicant had put their DOB down as 5/8/09... guess which pile it went into. Double and triple check your work.
          The funny part is the fact that the person in backgrounds has probably made hundreds of mistakes and typos on paperwork.

Who doesn't make typos? And who doesn't look over their own work and see what they wanted to write...vs...what they actually wrote at one time or another?

Comment

Doesn't matter. When their job is to weed people out, that's what they do.
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I agree with being picky. With that many people get rid of the ones who can't pay attention to detail.

Comment

--- deleted ---
                Last edited by Sailorsally; 11-13-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGo View Post
                  Heard from a reliable source that Mesa has received OVER 3000 applications.
                  Did your reliable source say how many individuals were called?

Comment

No, can't help you there.

Comment

I will be testing tomorrow at three pm. Good luck to all that applied!

Comment

I am going at noon tomorrow, I believe its just the physical right, not the written also if you pass?
                        **Mesa PD**
                        In Background

**CGCC Academy**
                        Enrolled

Comment

Just the physical test. Site says the written tests will be held on Nov 30th and Dec 1st.

Comment

Just got back from the physical. It is the fitness test only. Written tests will be administered in three sessions on Monday November 30th. They will extend the written through Tuesday December 1st if needed. Good luck to all.

FYI... the group I was in had about 40-50 people in it. After the test there were about 25 that passed.

Comment

what were the times/scores????
                              **Mesa PD**
                              In Background

**CGCC Academy**
                              Enrolled

Comment

Wow that is alot that failed??? The requirments do not look that harsh online...a 15:20 1.5 mile time should be pretty easy? Good luck to all! AZboy did they say anything else that would be good info to know?
                                Guns kill people, like spoons make people fat!

Mesa PD
                                Passed Written
                                Passed Physical
                                Passed Oral
                                Background Interview Complete
                                Polygraph-Passed
                                Written Communication Test- 2 Feb

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3292 users online. 176 members and 3116 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X